Started by AnnieG13, January 19, 2021, 11:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnnieG13

Hi All,

Joomla 3.9
Virtuemart 3.4
PHP 7.4.13

site - www.puppylanetreats.com.au

I have a problem with the VM control panel in the back end of a site. And not sure if it's connected but the front end shop layout is not the same as I set it up. It is set to have 3 products per row, not one under the other.

Ok, so this problem happened all of a sudden, was good one time, went in the next time and it was like it is now, I don't know why????

Can someone please tell me why and how to fix it and get it back to normal.

**NOTE: One other thing, I don't know if it's connected but I have had a heap of spam emails through the site, I am working with the hosting company to rectify this problem, could it have anything to do with the layout problem??

Thanks Annie

jenkinhill

Site been hacked?  Has anyone else got access?

The backend display looks like it has lost its CSS.  Front end looks like layout configuration has been changed. 
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AnnieG13

Hi Kelvyn,
Mmmm, I thought it might be more than just the emails.

Could this be why I am also getting error when trying to update joomla and get this message. - ERROR: AJAX Loading Error: Forbidden

What can I do to fix the site and backend.

Yes, my daughter (adult) also has access to the backend, why?

Cheers Annie

**Update
I have scanned the site 3 times for malware (just with the free scans online), and not one of them says I have malware on the site. Only thing they have picked up is I have no security for the site. I am looking into this now, any suggestions on the best ones to use would be helpful, Thanks.

jenkinhill

I'd make a backup of the site as it is now using Akeeba so it can be checked on a localhost. After that I'd replace the damaged site from your latest backup. If you use a good host they may have a backup of the site which will be more recent than any you may have. For example, my host runs full site backups 4 times a day so any backup is never more than 6 hrs old.

The Ajax error makes me think of server issues as well, or changed file permissions. 

Changing the frontend layout usually requires access to the backend of a site - which is always a target for hackers. I'm assuming your daughter did not make layout changes. 
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AnnieG13

Hi Kelvyn,
No my daughter wouldn't change anything, she just goes in there to check on orders, etc. she know nothing about the rest of it.

I just edited my last reply, did you see that I have scanned for malware etc, none detected. Just the security, or lack there of.

I will get onto the hosting server to check about the backups, I'm sure they do regular backups too.

The Ajax error makes me think of server issues as well, or changed file permissions. 

What can I do about this? Where would the file permissions have been changed, as I was trying to get the VM layout fixed, could I have changed something there.

Thanks Annie

AnnieG13

Hi All,
Just an update on my problem.

After making sure I had enabled the reCaptcha plugin I got the server (hosting company) to enable the login page as they had disabled it because of the spam emails.

I noticed after they did that everything went back to normal, VM layout and shop layout on the frontend.  ??? ??? ??? :o :o

Only problem is I can't see the reCaptcha on the login or registration forms. Does anyone have any ideas why?

Thanks Annie

jenkinhill

I see the Recaptcha is loading on the registration page, but you have two captchas displayed. This is an issue with current VM versions, the solution is to use Googles hidden Recaptcha instead of the original one.

If you didn't see it you may need to clear caches.

I'm guessing that the host are not familiar with Joomla registration and turned off some other functions as well!  A Recaptcha does not stop determined spammers!
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

StefanSTS

To remove the two captchas, the solution is not the invisible captcha, the code that calls two capchas has to be removed.
After that invisible captcha is a good option.

To get rid of the spam,
- the link to the login page should be removed  from the menu.
- This link leads to a login page that has a registration link. The registration link should be removed as well.
- The forwarding from Joomla registration to VM registration should be off.
- Joomla registration should be blocked in .htaccess.
- Registration should be only possible in cart when a product is in the cart.

Spam will reduce a lot. If the page is not hacked.

Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

AnnieG13

Hi Kelvyn and Stefan,
Thanks for your advice, I will get onto your suggestions.

Is there a way to include google invisible recaptcha to the registration form and contact me form without the need to do all the coding?

Like just putting in a plugin.

Thanks Annie

StefanSTS

Hi Annie,

if you update to the latest version of VirtueMart you can add any standard Joomla captcha plugin (recaptcha, hcaptcha) with activating the plugin in Joomla and then setting it active for VirtueMart in the VirtueMart config.
You might have to ask your template provider for updated overrides. Then there should be no coding necessary.

Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

AnnieG13

Hi Stefan,
I do have the latest version of VM, and have it activated in joomla and in VM. That's how I got the double captcha. If I disable it in VM I get nothing showing, and if I disable it in Joomla I get nothing.
I thought have just one working it would show up, but it hasn't.   :-\

I'm not sure what overrides I need to ask the template provider for?

Cheers Annie

StefanSTS

Tell the template provider what's not working as expected, that should be enought to get you sorted.
--
Stefan Schumacher

jenkinhill

I use the invisible ReCaptcha without rewriting the template.

In Google ReCaptcha site registration page select reCAPTCHA v2  Invisible reCAPTCHA badge  and get the site & secret keys

In Joomla turn off the standard CAPTCHA - reCAPTCHA plugin.
Activate the CAPTCHA - Invisible reCAPTCHA plugin and enter the key codes, select where you want the "Invisible ReCaptcha" image to appear on a [age (I use bottom right)

Turn on ReCatcha in VirtueMart config.

That has worked for me every time.  If it does not then look to your template provider.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

AnnieG13

Hi Kelvyn,
Thanks I will see how I go with the invisible Captcha.

cheers Annie