News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to add prices to product in multiple currencies to override conversion?

Started by stawebnice, January 12, 2021, 12:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roman5527

Hi, Did you solve the problem in any way? I am solving a similar problem with the Slovak - Czech e - shop. Currencies and invoices in € and CZK.

How to change the menu by country? Not on the basis of IP GEO but on the basis of the selected country manually.

well thank you

jankoo

did you solve this?
i have the same issue.. what is this mess? i dont understand this at all.
i have eshop in euro. now i want to add czech korun.
i added the currency in the store options. i added the vat calculation for czech.
i click on "add price" in product, and select czech koruns and after fill the price and save it save totally different price..
what is this mess? i want to setup my own price? why is this somehow calulated? and from where? how to disable this.
i tried to change "Prices by Currency" but it do the same..

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jankoo

i have that "Prices by Currency" selected.
and after fill the price "300" i get selling price 1.02
???

jenkinhill

Are you correctly entering two prices/currencies for each product?

In the example below I have entered a British Pound cost price of £100 and a Euro price of €33 with no problem except that the currency symbols on the backend always display as the shop default, which here is £.

I also have different tax rates set for each currency for testing purposes.

This is using the test version, VirtueMart 4.0.8 10728 , which may soon be on public release. It also worked OK on older versions I have tested.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jankoo

hi. ok. i dont get this at all..

i have currencies enabled. added also to the shop options.

here i had € prices as main. now i added to one product polish zloty price as 125..
after save i get in admin 26.56 price?

and the another i dont get at all.. on the frontpage. after user change currency by module.
it show polish zloty prices on all products.. also on that ones i never setup.
and that one i setup there is also another different price 153,30..

it seems it somehow calculate the prices from somewhere.. but how? but why? how to disable this?

ps: i dont see any image you posted. there is only some blue image not found.

jankoo

it dint post my second attachment image from frontpage.. the prices from first images is here the first product with 153,30 price

jenkinhill

Hmm - for some reason imgbb deleted my image. Now replaced.

Your product price setup looks the same as mine. But on my site using the VMBeez3 template, with the VM Currencies Selector on the product or category page set to GBP the Pound price is displayed and when set to Euro the € price displays. Exactly as expected.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

jankoo

ok. let me try to explain for the third time..

yes, our product price setup looks the same because is the same setting layout.. but my prices are doing what they want.

as you can see on the attachement image:

in EURO (blue prices) i put 33, it calculate final price 33, and it show on the page 33 euro price. this works as i would be expecting
but, in PLN (red prices) i put 125, it calculate final price 26.56 and it show on the page 155,30 PLN.. (after change the currency on frontent by user) WHY THA gentle? where are those prices comming from?

and how its possible it shows all other products prices in PLN when i never fill them?? (green price)

pls explain. is this working exactly as expected?

pinochico

and where is setup for shop - what is default currency?
and where is setup for currency (EUR, PLN)?

After this you can send question :)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

jankoo

default currency for eshop is euro..
what setup for currency? there is no setup. i have only enabled euro and pln. 0.00000 exchange rates for both.
from where those crazy pln prices come from and why?
i just want to setup 125, and get 125

pinochico

Quoteso, no answer now

Im not there anytime, sorry.
I have a personal live, a girl, dogs, ...
Im not your personal developper

First, if you want any, then send all info and not waiting for my question.... Im not wizzard.

Quotewhat setup for currency? there is no setup.

There is setup. There is setup for Euro and for PLN and if you want any, then you have to send picture for this setup.
It is the first, when I go on customers shop.
But there I don't have admin login == you have to send self.
Or not - then I go away.

Quotefrom where those crazy pln prices come from and why?
i just want to setup 125, and get 125

Yes, when you have default currency PLN.
But your default is Euro and you use convertECB.php
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

jankoo

:D you guys... are sooo fukcing funny. acting like you dont understand :D this vm is epic piece of shit without documentation or tutorials..
so i cant setup my prices in different currencies :D only in one. and all others will be different for users every day based on some currency convert :D
what kind of epic idiot came up with this? pls. i wanna meet.. i wanna that kind of drugs as well :D

the only solution is destroy the content of convertECB.php
then no fukcing calcuations in my prices..

thanks for ZERO advices here. again

jenkinhill

You seem to have what we Brits call "attitude". Bad attitudes are not encouraging if you are asking for free advice from other VM users.

The currency prices work fine for me.  convertECB is never updated on my site, maybe because I have a single country set, I have only tested setting different currency pricing (and tax rates). I have no idea why you get different figures for PLN displayed on the products.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK