Author Topic: Virtuemart Dead or Alive ? Whats the roadmap and future ?  (Read 2151 times)

StefanSTS

• Global Moderator
  • VirtueMart Version: VM 4.2 on Joomla 4.5
Re: Virtuemart Dead or Alive ? Whats the roadmap and future ?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2021, 15:49:30 pm »
Hi Stefan,
I quite agree with you, the support is scarce and not always "kind".

I was not talking about VirtueMart or Max or the support of the VirtueMart team, so I guess we do not totally agree, maybe in parts.

I was talking about the behaviour of Pinochico. I would not ask him to work in a team because he does not seem like a team player.
That's all I was talking about.

The support from the VirtueMart head developer might not always be top notch user friendly and with many words, but be sure everything mentioned in the forum is taken into consideration. I know that since I am listening on the developers chat for the last few years.
If the head developer would comment on everything in detail, he would not have time to do anything anymore. Important things that come up here are always discussed in the chat, there are lots of individuals who sort out what is important or not or what they can explain themselves in the forum.

If you have something to report, that you think it is a bug, it might be helpful to buy a VirtueMart membership and move your bug/improvement/feature up on the todo list by submitting a ticket.
Or you come up with a good solution and you donate the code - that doesn't break anything else in VirtueMart - here in the forum.

I guess, people in the VirtueMart team got there mostly by doing real work towards making VM better. And it is getting better day by day. There is constant work going on even if you don't really see it from outside.

Stefan

--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

dr.spot86

• Beginner
  • I'm Ouksider
  • Skype Name: Vincenzo Tortora
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2021, 18:55:59 pm »

I was not talking about VirtueMart or Max or the support of the VirtueMart team, so I guess we do not totally agree, maybe in parts.

Ooops!  :-[

I was talking about the behaviour of Pinochico.

Ok. In this case, I totally and strongly agree.

--

In any case, my words doesn't change: I have high respect for all the work VirtueMart Team is doing. I think some things could be better (I repeat, more immediate support, better website and forum navigation and UX), but it doesn't mean I think it's a very valuable "thing".

--

Anyway...
I didn't understand very well what VM Membership was before your message. Since I work with several customer that have some very good idea, it would be very useful if they can be taken in consideration. I think I'll become a VM Partner :)
Vincenzo T | Oukside | oukside.com

desacartom

• Beginner
  • A beginner
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2021, 16:56:16 pm »
We are using Virtuemart for more than 10 years and it's better than ever before with many 3rd party extensions USB Rechargeable Head Lamp, no way we would change now.

pinochico

• 3rd party VirtueMart Developer
    • MiniJoomla
  • Skype Name: support-easysoftware
  • VirtueMart Version: 3
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2021, 18:27:19 pm »
to Stefan:

I understand and confirm and I definitely do not want to destroy virtual folders for anyone.
Archimedes has already shouted: do not step on my circles!
I will be happy to respect his own established judgment.

We have also been working with the VirtueMart application for about 10 years and we do not want to change anything about this fact yet. Personally, I think that VirtueMart is an underrated ecommerce solution with huge possibilities.
Why?
We use it a long time and have developed about 100 custom extensions for Virtuemart and we actively use them. We have even developed our own customization of VirtueMart - EasyVirtueMart (for J1.5, J25) several times due to better features for end users.

Once again (in 2015), as EasySoftware, we offered Max at JoomlaDay in Prague that we would take over the development of the Virtuemart application, giving the entire development guidelines based on experience with open source development and customer needs.

At that time, we had two open source projects in our portfolio:
- readmine as Easyredmine
- virtuemart as Easy Virtuemart

Today, the Easyredmine project earns tens of millions of euros per month, the Easy Virtuemart project was stopped in 2015.

But we are still developing extensions for Virtuemart and will continue to do so as long as I enjoy it and our customers need it.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds from products, orders and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates

Troels_E

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2021, 11:34:56 am »
I think Stefan was talking about Pinochicos posts, not Max's?
I don't see Pinochicos posts as unfriendly, I always thought it was just a language barrier and some difficulties expressing things the right way, but don't know if I am right.

Anyway on subject.
I don't really need a roadmap because these have a tendency to change and dates slip, making me and others dissappointed ;)

I would like a way to propose new features that could be taken into consideration, something more public so it was possible to see what interest for the feature is really like.
+ A way to throw money for development of the features that gather most interest. Example feature X can be implemented within x months if a certain goal is reached.

New website and improved forums would also be nice. The first should be a priority and I seeem to remember Stefan suggesting some new designs some  years ago?

ermes

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2021, 16:41:06 pm »
I think Stefan was talking about Pinochicos posts, not Max's?
I don't see Pinochicos posts as unfriendly, I always thought it was just a language barrier and some difficulties expressing things the right way, but don't know if I am right.

Anyway on subject.
I don't really need a roadmap because these have a tendency to change and dates slip, making me and others dissappointed ;)

I would like a way to propose new features that could be taken into consideration, something more public so it was possible to see what interest for the feature is really like.
+ A way to throw money for development of the features that gather most interest. Example feature X can be implemented within x months if a certain goal is reached.

New website and improved forums would also be nice. The first should be a priority and I seeem to remember Stefan suggesting some new designs some  years ago?

Finally someone that do a good proposal!!
I have already explaned the improvements that VM should have (you can read it previously in this topic).