News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Prevent file overwrite when updating Virtuemart

Started by nastya.d, November 25, 2020, 10:56:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastya.d

Hello :)
I have a question like this:
Changes made to the file
/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/tables/waitingusers.php

I need this file NOT to be updated when virtuemart is updated.
Can you please tell me if it is possible to somehow put restrictions or settings when updating or before it?

I tried through the theme folder - it doesn't work.
The forums offer a logical answer - to back up and check the changes of the old file and the same file after the update, add what you need with the handles. This is a working option, but it does not exclude the human factor - we forget / do not have time to transfer immediately after the updates and one of the functionality of the site that is needed breaks down. If it is possible to automatically prohibit overwriting a certain file when updating virtuemart, it would be cool.
Maybe someone has already come across this

Joomla! 3.9.22 VirtueMart 3.8.4 10335

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

ЗSPAMравствуйте :)
У меня есть такой вопрос:
Внесены изменения в файл

/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/tables/waitingusers.php

Мне необхоSPAMимо чтобы при обновлении virtuemart этот файл НЕ обновлялся.
ПоSPAMскажите, пожалуйста, можно ли как-то поставить ограничения или настройки при обновлении или SPAMо него?
Я пробовала через папку темы - не получается.
На форумах преSPAMлагают логичный ответ - бекапироваться и проверять изменения старого файла и этого же файла после обновления, ручками SPAMобавлять нужное. Это рабочий вариант, но не исключает человеческий фактор - забываем/не успеваем после обновлений переносить сразу же и ломается оSPAMин из функционала сайта который нужен. Если есть возможность автоматически запретить перезапись некого файла при обновлении virtuemart было бы круто.
Может кто уже с поSPAMобным сталкивался

Joomla! 3.9.22 VirtueMart 3.8.4 10335

nastya.d

Maybe someone knows how to prohibit updating the "watingusers" file?

pinochico

yep, we use gitlab, all hacks and changes we save in branch and after upgrade we create merge.
Or you can simply write list of hacks and implement back after upgrade - that was our old solution before using gitlab
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products