News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Duplicated captcha on registration page after upgrade

Started by phal, November 23, 2020, 13:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phal

Help! I migrated from VirtueMart 1.1.7 to 3.8.6. Everything works fine except the user registration page. When I turn on "Use ReCaptcha for Registration" I get two/double Recaptcha in the registration page instead of one. This happens with the normal 2.0 plugin and the Securimage plugin. Changing template has no effect. Changing the default captcha in the Global Config under Site tap has no effect. Other components such as contacts enhanced does not have this issue. I noticed the shopper fields were duplicated after migration and had to delete, could this be something similar?

Jumbo!

Disable the Captcha plugin which you do not want to see.
One Page Checkout for VirtueMart - [url="//www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-one-page-checkout"]www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-one-page-checkout[/url]
VirtueMart Email Manager - [url="//www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-email-manager"]www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-email-manager[/url]
Conversion Tracking for VirtueMart - [url="//www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-conversion-tracking"]www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-conversion-tracking[/url]
Reports for VirtueMart - [url="//www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vm-reporter"]www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vm-reporter[/url]
Responsive VirtueMart Templates - [url="//www.virtueplanet.com/joomla-templates/"]www.virtueplanet.com/joomla-templates/[/url]

phal

When I enable only one Captcha plugin, that plugin gives me two of the SAME Captcha I need to pass. The Captcha is repeated twice.

pinochico

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Jumbo!

I think it is a problem created by the Securimage plugin. Disable the same and check again.
One Page Checkout for VirtueMart - [url="//www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-one-page-checkout"]www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-one-page-checkout[/url]
VirtueMart Email Manager - [url="//www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-email-manager"]www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-email-manager[/url]
Conversion Tracking for VirtueMart - [url="//www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-conversion-tracking"]www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vp-conversion-tracking[/url]
Reports for VirtueMart - [url="//www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vm-reporter"]www.virtueplanet.com/extensions/vm-reporter[/url]
Responsive VirtueMart Templates - [url="//www.virtueplanet.com/joomla-templates/"]www.virtueplanet.com/joomla-templates/[/url]

pinochico

I think I will cook chicken today, maybe my ideas will also help you.
They have the same value as if I wasted time guessing what didn't work for you without your information - the ones you sent won't help me personally, the reason may be different.
Just by not sending the URL of the website - you are making the treasure game more interesting.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

phal

Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I disabled Securimage the problem persists, I changed template the problem persists. To save time I went to VM Framework Loader Plugin and disabled Virtuemart redirect login and use the Joomla login instead for now.

jenkinhill

I can demonstrate the same problem with ReCaptcha type2, two "boxes" on the registration page, but only one on the ask question form. No problem when using invisible ReCaptcha, only a single occurrence on registration.

Has been referred upwards.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

stAn99

hello, i helped with the new captcha plugin code on latest virtuemart to get it implemented, so that VM supports multiple captcha systems, if you'd like i can help you with your double captcha problem during EU business time, please contact me during the day at support (at) rupostel.com, i will need your:
- ftp access
- backend access

and i will check and fix this for you and report back to this forum on the issue and the fix.
best regards, stan, rupostel.com
----
RuposTel.com
www.rupostel.com
Your customized checkout solution for Virtuemart

jflash

Hello!

I have same problem: ReCaptcha displayed twice on this page: https://magnet.ee/et/virtuemart-account-maintenance/editaddress
But if i go to registration from cart i see it once: https://magnet.ee/et/virtuemart-account-maintenance/editaddresscartBT

If i removed captcha code from template override /templates/impulsashop/html/com_virtuemart/useredit_address.php then on first link i still have captcha twice but on second link i dont see captcha anymore. Or i am in wrong file?

jflash

Same with Protostar template, so it is not template issue :S
Virtuemart 3.8.6 10373, Joomla 3.9.24

Three_d

Same problem here.
I upgraded from Virtuemart 3.8.4 to 3.8.6.
After the upgrade the registration page shows 2 recaptcha boxes.

jflash

mcambou1

Hi,

I have same problem, but no solution anyone found anything? (last version of virtuemart)
<a href="[url="http://www.hob-fr.com"]http://www.hob-fr.com[/url]>hob-fr.com</a>

mcambou1

Hi i found the solution for double recaptcha AND "invalid-keys" error

For the double recpatcha go on this file:
components/com_virtuemart/views/user/tmpl/edit.php

And comment the line 83, the captcha is already display at line 77

for the invalid keys error:

Display only one captcha plugin, VM don't check the one is chose in the general configuration, so just enable the one who chose to use.

Hope this post help someone
<a href="[url="http://www.hob-fr.com"]http://www.hob-fr.com[/url]>hob-fr.com</a>