News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

None of my variants show up?

Started by johndenver, September 29, 2020, 05:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johndenver

I started building multi-variant drop-downs but none of the information shows up only the labels show up.

Jörgen

You must create each possible combination as a product. Scroll down and you will see.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

johndenver

AH, I see. Yes, that worked. Shouldn't the price displayed update when selections are made? My test product stays at $10 even when I make selections using those custom fields. Attached is the product details page and under that is the shopping cart page. Neither page combines the total for buyers.

pinochico

QuoteMy test product stays at $10 even when I make selections using those custom fields

Do you have right setup price for variant?
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

johndenver

Is this the field you are referring to?

Jörgen

Is the custom attribute +0,88 correct ?
Is the template up to date ?
Are there js errors on the page ?

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

johndenver

I see the problem now. I literally have to make a new child product for every variation or the numbers won't add up. I was missing just one of the variations on all of the child products. That's where I am going wrong. I have 48 child products for this one entry so this is going to be like 100+ child products when I do every drop down variation. Thanks for the replies though it helped me think through the problem.

pinochico

QuoteIs this the field you are referring to?

Yes
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products