News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Problem with autocomplete in admin pages

Started by derek webster, August 13, 2020, 11:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derek webster

Hi I'm running - VirtueMart 3.8.2 10325

Ive seen this happenign for a while now but as were about to go live its becoming a real problem.
Anytime I go into a customers user details page VM or Joomla seems to be autofilling my superadmin username and email right over the top of the customers details. and if I save its trying to save those superadmin details.

its happening on /administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&task=edit&virtuemart_user_id[]=170286

but I'm sure its happening elsewhere in VM.

Ive confirmed this in Chrome and Safari

Many thanks

derek

pinochico

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

jenkinhill

There was a discussion about something similar in the developer group to do with possibly missing autocomplete="off" for some forms. I thought this was fixed for VirtueMart.3.8.4.10335 - I don't see an issue with auto complete or entry in the current version.

Turning off autocomplete in browsers is a possible option but that would affect all forms, not just Joomla/VM.  ( https://support.boldbrush.com/faso-account-login/disable-clear-autofill-in-browser if interested).
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

derek webster

Thank for the replies but this is not an autocomplete issue - Ive tried on brand new sessions on TOR browser network and using a VPN. 4 tottaly diferent fresh browsers Somehow my super admin OR admin username is getting loaded into the user info fields on page load. Ive tried disabling java script so its not that either. I'm in the process of turnin pluginson/off one by one to see if theres something in there. but I'm 100% sure this is not a browser or autofill  issue - that was my first thought

pinochico

QuoteI'm 100% sure this is not a browser or autofill  issue

As you wish :)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

derek webster

Aha - Ive found it.a rd party payment plugin Stripe Payment plugin was causing the admin details to be loaded into the userfields. All good now.

stAn99

the problem is still available on
3.8.5 10335
3.8.3 10329
3.8.4 10335
+ possibly other previous versions

when any 3rd party system (payment plugin, possibly system plugin or others) load VM cart, the shopper details gets updated with currently logged in user.

to reproduce the problem easily you can modify:
\plugins\vmpayment\standard\standard.php

and update the constructor to:

function __construct (& $subject, $config) {

parent::__construct ($subject, $config);
// vmdebug('Plugin stuff',$subject, $config);
$this->_loggable = TRUE;
$this->tableFields = array_keys ($this->getTableSQLFields ());
$this->_tablepkey = 'id';
$this->_tableId = 'id';
$varsToPush = $this->getVarsToPush ();
$this->addVarsToPushCore($varsToPush,1);
$this->setConfigParameterable ($this->_configTableFieldName, $varsToPush);
$this->setConvertable(array('min_amount','max_amount','cost_per_transaction','cost_min_transaction'));
$this->setConvertDecimal(array('min_amount','max_amount','cost_per_transaction','cost_min_transaction','cost_percent_total'));

if (!class_exists('VirtueMartCart'))
    require(JPATH_VM_SITE .DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR. 'helpers' .DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR. 'cart.php');
$cart = VirtueMartCart::getCart();

}

i.e with new lines that initialize the cart at BE.

best regards, stan
----
RuposTel.com
www.rupostel.com
Your customized checkout solution for Virtuemart