News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Shipping and Final Total not displaying in Checkout

Started by stargazer1682, August 04, 2020, 06:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargazer1682

I've been working on a Virtuemart 3 store on a new site I'm developing with Joomla 3; and just testing the pricing configurations, I can't seem to get the final total or shipping amounts to load in the checkout.
You can see the demo site here: http://s827872548.onlinehome.us/SimuRide/index.php/our-store

I've seen a few posts with similar issues, all at least a few years old, but they either tend to relate more to the pricing on the product page or the suggests are to check configuration settings I've checked and I can't find what settings need to be changed. 

Right now, just to test everything, I created one all encompassing shipping method by weight (1-5000lbs) and set the Shipping Cost to $15.  This won't be the final shipping method configuration, I just want to make sure everything's working.

The shipping cost does display on the product page, but not in the checkout; and the Final Total isn't showing at all either.  The product price, the (sample) tax and discount prices are all displaying where they should.  Looking at the code, I feel like the total tax should also be displayed, but isn't, but I'm not positive that it's supposed to be there.

*Note, I have made some modifications to the layout of the checkout page, in order to make it more responsive. However, I have checked, reverting the layout to the default, to make sure I didn't change anything that might effect what's being displayed; and even with the default layout, the shipping amount and final order total aren't displayed.

I appreciate any help.

Jörgen

This is not an issue with a plain vanilla shop.
Revert back to protostar template. This works. Make your way from There.
No One can know what edits you have made.
Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

stargazer1682

Quote from: Jörgen on August 04, 2020, 06:55:25 AM
This is not an issue with a plain vanilla shop.
Revert back to protostar template. This works. Make your way from There.
No One can know what edits you have made.
Jörgen

I switched back to the original Protostar template and the shipping and final total amounts still don't display.

Jörgen

When I look at what You described, You seem to have edited core file. Please show settings for You prices and screenshots for Your checkout with standard Protostar template.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

stargazer1682

Quote from: Jörgen on August 04, 2020, 15:30:25 PM
When I look at what You described, You seem to have edited core file. Please show settings for You prices and screenshots for Your checkout with standard Protostar template.

Jörgen

I'm not quite sure I follow what you mean by the correlation of the price settings with the standard protostar template.  I was about to grab the screenshots from the Virtuemart backend, but I'm less clear about you mean in regards to the settings with a specific template.

The changes to the currently set template are mainly the addition of some module position and some style changes - though I naturally want to make sure none of those changes caused this issue.  The currently set template is a separately kept/installed copy and I've maintained the original; which like I mentioned before, I switched to as the default template and tested the checkout and the same issue occurred, so I switched it back to the modified one.

Can you elaborate which price setting screen shots you're looking for, to make sure I don't overlook any?  My first assumption would be the shipping method settings, the price settings in the two product pages, maybe the tax rule settings (even though those are displaying).  Am I missing anything that might be helpful to get a screen shot of? 
I had been wondering if I might have missed something in Configuration, and have looked through those settings several times, but haven't seen anything that might affect this.  Let me know if any of those screen shots could be useful.

stargazer1682

Just an FYI, I have temporarily reverted the template and cart layout to their original defaults; and it's still not showing the amounts.

Jörgen

It would be helpful if you would send some screenshot. This is like telling your autoshpo you have done something with Your car and the car does not work, but without any real specifics.

F.Y.I this is NOT an issue with VM.

Has it ever worked for You ? If it has, then you have not reverted all the changes.

Please show the price settings in back end.

What shipping options do You use ?

What payment options Do You use.

Have You unused payment plugins that are not unpublished ?

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

stargazer1682

I wasn't suggesting screenshots wouldn't be useful; I just wanted to clarify which settings I should take screenshots of, especially regarding the part of the price settings related to the template.  For some reason this won't let me post with any attachments; I tried compiling all the screenshots into a PDF, getting it down to just over 2mb and it kept giving me an error that the message was too large or something.  Same thing when I tried to do just 4 screenshots, with the plan to attach them in batches.  So instead, I've put them into a Google drive folder; and they can be access here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16-9uhGriWB8BZ23NC7LDDCIy445vHsit?usp=sharing

Th site is a brand new install, so no, there's no previous instance where the cart was working normally.  Also, the template changes weren't applied to the originally installed, default version of protostar; the modified template is installed as a separate, "unique" template; so by "reverting" it, I meant changing which template is set to default.  As for the layout, I applied a saved copy of the original, unaltered file to use if needed for restoration.  But I realize it's possible the back-up copy for that file could have become corrupted at some point, but as far as I can tell it's not; and either way, it's showing some prices, but for some reason it's not showing all of the prices; particularly the shipping price and final total.

The only shipping method I current have is the default weight and dimensions method.  As far as I can tell it's correctly configured, but it's might not be.

The payment method is the default PayPal method; again, as far as I can tell it's properly configured.  There are no unpublished methods for shipping or payment.

stargazer1682

It looks like I got it working. Apparently "Final Sales Price" in the Configuration Pricing tab wasn't enabled; and I could have sworn it was or that I had tried it at one point and it didn't do anything.  Now it does...

Jörgen

Nice to hear that You got it working.

On basic thing when developing software, hardware to for that matter, Check and document the state of functionality before each new change. Otherwise You will never get a working end result. You will spend time chasing ghosts and not get any real work done.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

stargazer1682

I don't suppose it's possible to have those price display options set only for the checkout and not on the product pages? That seems to be unfortunate side effect where if it's turned on for one, it's on for both; and I'd really only want to display the base price and tax (and discount), but not all the various subtotals; especially the way they're labeled, which looks like it could be confusing and unnecessarily detailed prior to adding a product to the cart.

GJC Web Design

normally you adjust your cart and prices sublayout to display what you want .. the config is global but i know it has been discussed/ on the job list? to provide separate cart and product pricing display config
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

stargazer1682

Quote from: GJC Web Design on August 05, 2020, 19:58:41 PM
normally you adjust your cart and prices sublayout to display what you want .. the config is global but i know it has been discussed/ on the job list? to provide separate cart and product pricing display config
Can you point me in the direction where this could be done?  Am I understanding correctly this would be some type of modification to possibly a PHP file or styling sheet?  I thought a roundabout way of doing it might be in one of those two, but I wasn't quite sure where to look in the PHP files; and was hoping there might be a built in setting.

GJC Web Design

you can over ride and adjust either

components\com_virtuemart\views\cart\tmpl\default_pricelist.php ( over ride to templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_virtuemart/cart/ )

and / or

components\com_virtuemart\sublayouts\prices.php ( over ride to  templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/ )
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

stargazer1682

Quote from: GJC Web Design on August 05, 2020, 20:06:56 PM
you can over ride and adjust either

components\com_virtuemart\views\cart\tmpl\default_pricelist.php ( over ride to templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_virtuemart/cart/ )

and / or

components\com_virtuemart\sublayouts\prices.php ( over ride to  templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/ )
Thank you.  It took a lot of trial and error to find the right part to comment out, but that did the trick in prices.

In case anyone looks for a similar solution, I commented out

echo $currency->createPriceDiv ('taxAmount', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_TAX_AMOUNT', $product->prices);
   echo $currency->createPriceDiv ('taxAmountTt', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_TAX_AMOUNT_TT', $product->prices);

This took out the tax and total tax in the category layout display.  It also takes it off the product page, which I kind of have mixed feelings about, but I can live with it.  The important thing is, is that those prices still appear in the checkout.

For good measure, I also commented out
   echo $currency->createPriceDiv ('salesPrice', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_SALESPRICE', $product->prices);
   echo $currency->createPriceDiv ('salesPriceQu', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_SALESPRICE', $product->prices);

This was to hide the sales price total, which includes the tax; and I feel would be confusing to show with the base price, especially if the tax wouldn't simultaneously be displayed.

Now to get the add to cart parent product issue sorted...