News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

AddtoCart Popup is always switched to german

Started by bright, July 29, 2020, 07:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright

Yes I have - but now not even the shopping cart of the homepage is translated (only for the homepage)

Jörgen

Time to turn on Joomla language debug and see what happens.
System->Global settings

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

bright

No translated content / see appendix
by the way: i'm incredibly happy to get an input from somewhere and hope not to have to rebuild the whole site - thank you

bright

which function allows me to cleanly remove the whole VM (including tables) without affecting the rest of the page. I don't want to recreate the whole page in the original.

jjk

Usually  the button "Alle Tabellen zurücksetzen und neue installieren" is safe, but don't do anything with the database without a backup of the complete site. And I would suggest to export the database from within phpmyadmin, too. It's just a few mouse clicks to import the database again in case you accidentally mess it up.

As I mentioned earlier, it seems that you have German product descriptions in the English VM database tables. If you look at the source code of your shop pages, you will see that they all load with the en-GB language tag. It's possible to correct it without having to rebuild the site, but we need to locate the exact source of the problem first.

In VM configuration I would temporarily remove the checkmark from 'Nicht übersetzte Programmtexte in Englisch anzeigen'. Makes it easier to see if the language switch works.

Another check you can do is to go to 'Extensions' - 'Module Manager' - switch from 'site' to 'administrator' in the filter dropdown list and publish 'Multilingual Status'. Thereafter you can click on 'Multilanguage Status' in the status bar. If everything is green on the status page, your Joomla multilanguage setup should be correct and you can unpubilish the 'Multilingual Status' module again. If something is red, you should solve that problem first.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

bright

i have noticed that the default language of joomla (extensions/languages) is always used for arikel in the category layout and "addtocart" and cart. this is also the case after uninstalling the virtuemarts and reinstalling - i will probably have to rebuild the whole site

does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

pinochico

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Jörgen

Check multilanguage status as jjk said.
If something is wrong, fix or report.
Unpublish extensions that may cause trouble, especially free extensions that has not been updated for a long time.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

GJC Web Design

If as I suspect you have filled in all the English VM fields in German then all VM messages and labels will be in English

I assume u have installed VM German files?

Then u need to switch to German in the VM lang config and copy all the VM en-gb tables in the DB to the new ( empty?) de-de tables
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Jumbo!

I think there is a 3rd party plugin installed in your site which is creating the issue.  Try by disabling the 3rd party system plugins one by one.

For better understanding see the "lang" attribute in the html tag of German language. It is always lang="en-gb" irrespective to the language you select.

bright

I got it. The Virtuemart system plugin "Widgetkit Virtuemart" caused the error. WOW - Thank you all for your support! You are great!
And... Jumbo! You are my salvation!

Tausend DANK!

Jumbo!

Quote from: bright on July 30, 2020, 10:54:51 AM
I got it. The Virtuemart system plugin "Widgetkit Virtuemart" caused the error. WOW - Thank you all for your support! You are great!
And... Jumbo! You are my salvation!

Tausend DANK!

You are welcome. :)