News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

AddtoCart Popup is always switched to german

Started by bright, July 29, 2020, 07:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright

Hi

I have a big problem. i have created my shop in german. now i need english / french and italian. the articles appear in the respective language. so do the article details. but when i put an article into the shopping cart, the popup (addto cart) is always german and therefore the shopping cart is also german. this happens even without a popup. how is the language controlled here and what could be the problem?
thanks a lot for the feedback

Jörgen

VM version ?
Custom Template ?
Screenshot ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

bright

VirtueMart 3.4.5 10063

Template was first Yootheme with VMuikit
Now I changed to vmbreeze for test reasons and deactivated everything from VMuikit an all overwrites.

pinochico

How do you setup content language in joomla admin
Do you have all language table for VM in DB table
Which language is for this article (is multilanguage?)
Which URL can I test?
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

bright

I installed the languages over Erweiterungen / Verwalten / Installieren
All languages are installed
For this article I have de and en (only the article with EN in the title are "translated")
(The languages fr and it are for the moment not in the languagemodul (flags))

You can test in my klone Installation with the vmbeeze template under https://mausswitzerland.ch/klone6

Jörgen

Do You have menu items for cart in both languages ?
Do You have menu items for VM pages in both languages ?

When I test i always get English. I get the feeling it takes the language from the used browser, in my case English instead of German.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

jjk

At a first glance it it looks to me like you have entered the german language descriptions into the english language VirtueMart database tables. Check that with phpmyadmin. On your live site I also don't see the VM language switcher modules. You will need one copy of the language switcher for each language.

Also, when I change from ...mausswitzerland.ch/en/shop to ...mausswitzerland.ch/de/shop, I see for example the same MAUS Xtin "Klein" EN.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

bright

jjk

I have a the language switcher for all. Do you need one modul for each language?

the URL mausswitzerland.ch/de/shop is the aktiv page german not my klone and there ist the shop built with widgetkit (vmuikit) (This  know I have to change with multilanguages)

now I activated the template except the categorical view in the shop - please ignore the position

bright

the tables are io
But - I can see the table of de-CH -> first I installes Swiss-German - the I removed this an installed de-DE

Jörgen

I use only one language switcher module, but as I had problems with the original switcher I use the studio42 version. If the original module works without one version for each language is to me unknown.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

bright

the switch to the other language works correctly. the other language is displayed correctly. Only with addtocart reset to German. Or does the switcher come into effect with every page change? 

Jörgen

Try to switch off sef and see what You get.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

bright

bright

without SEO articles are not translated at all.... only text from the language files is translated... strange...

Jörgen

This should be the "safe" way to test.
Check that you have translations in english in Your product description.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x