Assign one child product to multiple parent products for have conditional fields

Started by imcomm, July 27, 2020, 11:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imcomm

Hello!

Conditional or dependent fields - let's call them what we want - this is also a very old problem and there is still no valid solution.

The only way to improvise it is the infinite creation of child products which becomes absurd with a large number of products.

Suppose we have many similar products with identical characteristics (such as attributes/variants) but containing conditional fields, therefore created with 2 - 3 child products.

For example, I have a product and here I have to add an image embroidery. The images are divided into categories: sea, mountains, cities... These are only variants / characteristics and there is no need to have them as child products. But...

For a couple of products - it works well, but if we have 1000 products we have to create 2k - 3k child products and this becomes absurd.

And here comes the idea - WHY DO NOT USE AGAIN the (1) child product created as a variant with all needed conditional custom fields for all the necessary parent products?

Being able to assign a child product to multiple parent products. This would be an ideal solution that will avoid creating thousands of child products. Here we are not interested in keeping track of stocks..

Anyone have any idea how it could be done?
Thank you!

balai

imcomm

Hello Balai, thank you for reply.
Yes I know him. This plugin is exceptional, I would have solved everything.
But I need pictures and this plugin doesn't support them.
I think I've seen all the plugins,, nothing to do ...
I will build the pyramid..  :'(