News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Blank page during upgrade, seems ok, how to know?

Started by vaskern, July 13, 2020, 10:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaskern

I just updated to the latest (VirtueMart 3.8.4 10335) by selecting both Virtuemart components and pressing update. A blank page was then shown. From the looks of it all is ok, and I checked the Joomla logs and didn't see anything.
How do I know if the upgrade completed successfully? Are you still supposed to update one component before the other?

Jörgen

Update VM core before AIO, AIO depends on code from core if i remember correctly.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

vaskern

Ok, I used to know that. But after being away these tricks are easy to forget. Not to speak of how it must be for a newcomer.
Does that mean it did not upgrade successfully?

Jörgen

I Guess it might have gone sideways trying to update the aio. Download the files and do the two step update via the joomla updater.

Then you should be fine. This behaviour is actually a minor flaw that should be ironed out at latest for the next stable release.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

I have found that the current versions update OK and in the right order if both components are selected at the same time in the updater. That does not, of course, mean that it works OK for everybody.
A blank page suggests a 500 error so it may be worth checking the error logs.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum