News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Live Sites Update?

Started by Bruce Morgan, January 06, 2006, 19:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Morgan

I added my own site to the list of live site about 9 months ago and waswondeing if it is possible to edit the listing and add a snapshot of the site to the listing?

Bruce
www.pepper-passion.com

pgreen

When I look at your site with the firefox browser it blows the width of the page and I have to scroll to see the right column while the left column is filling a third of the page.

Bruce Morgan

Thanks for the feedback.  I use Firefox only occasioanllay and have noticed that some pages look a little different.  I am probably guilty of having formatted my pages without regard to screen resolutions and browser types.  I am not sure what to do about this. Any ideas?

Bruce
www.pepper-passion.com

pgreen

Hi Bruce,
I think it is due to your top ten module. The internet explorer is breaking the line, the firefox browser is stretching your left side by not breaking the title line.

Your left side is placed in a tableline which is styled as follows:
<tr>
<td align="center" valign=top width="" BGColor="#BABB63" nowrap>
        <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" class="moduletable">
<tr> ...

Maybe it will help if you give it a fixed width or to remove the nowrap? Or even easier just choose shorter titles for your top ten products ...

Anyway .. interesting shop. Didn't know that there is such a variety of pepper products. Good luck with your shop.

Bruce Morgan

I will talk to my programmer about this.  It seems odd that IE will wrap the words and Firefox will not.  I will try and sort it out.

I am having fun with the web site and the business.  The Internet is a big place and it is hard to get noticed but we have done better than most and we continue to make progress.  Thanks for the tip.

Bruce
www.pepper-passion.com