News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How would you set this up please?

Started by Gingerweb, June 03, 2020, 19:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gingerweb

I have 8 products and I want to do a "build a box" option so that there are 4 drop down options in the "addtocart" position with each dropdown showing the 8 options so the customer can select the 4 that they want all for a standard price.

Best case would also be that the image of the choice shows each time they select it, so i appreciate this would mean child variants, what custom field would i need for this?

I have tried a few options but not getting the right custom field i think.

any suggestions greatfully received.
thanks

VirtueMart 3.8.2 10325

pinochico

Pls read this unofficial recommendation:

https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=144845.0

I don't understand, what do you wrote and want.
Picture will be better.

Thanks
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Gingerweb

Gingerweb

Sorted it - for anyone stumbling across this thread in 2035 - it was the virus that went to me head!!

Setup a Custom field "string" for each option. I have 8 products and want the customer to make 4 choices from the 8, so 4 identical "strings" with all the options in allows them to make the choices on a pre priced product. Perfect.
thanks for the suggestion above for that "build a product" though i shall use that one day im sure.