News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Edit Order Taxes?

Started by bpos, May 28, 2020, 23:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AH

HI

As I think you know Templates do not create configurations - but they do often contain some "dubious" calculations to "mask" base stuff or create new stuff that may not be correct thinking

Just post the configuration of you taxes and an example product front page showing prices

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

bpos

The only point I was making about another joomla template that had VM installed with a few product samples is that they are 2 arbitrary sites with the same problem. So a problem (or bug) exist.

So I have shown you the edit order section (pic) a few times so here is the tax setup along with the config in product BE plus product FE.

Setting up pricing with just a cost or base price doesnt solve or change anything. It still does not work for tax per bill on the orders edit page.

I did find another VM topic talking about the exact same problem but with no answer.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=136852.msg497109#msg497109

The cart set up as I have it works perfectly. Its only the order edit page.

I feel pretty certain there is no tax per bill row set up on order page to actaully do calculation. 

VAT tax falls in a completely different location on the orders page and seems to calculate completely different pricing variables.(perhaps discount totals?) Not sure how VAT works....

AH

Bpos

thanks for putting up the configs

I decided to do a bit more digging and actually configure tax per bill.  I found some anomalies in the database data even without touching order edit and I also noted that when doing order edit tax per bill was cleared to 0 - even though it showed in the edit view as the correct value!

Generally in configuration - what I noted:

1. In your config you have a product showing tax: 0%
2. I see the rules applied doing a 50%

I did not consider this an optimal setting, so my config was a single tax per bill - (I set mine to 10% to make my calculations simpler for my simple brain)

No other rules or taxes were configured

Due to upload restrictions the order edit images will be in the next post

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

AH

On order reviewing a Front end order an invoice all is fine

Without touching anything (a look at the database)

orders Table
data looks fine

order items table
product_basePriceWithTax is set to 0.00 (wonder why that is not just the same as the base_price in my case as there is no tax to add at item level)

Ok now for an edit - open and save no changes
orders Table
order_billTaxAmount is get set to 0.00 from 10.00
order_Total is therefore "wrong" was 11.00 now 10.00

order items table
product_basePriceWithTax gets set to 10.00 was 0.00 (not sure if this is wrong or when the order was initially created the value was wrong)

Images below show some anomalies and the final save BUG - unsure as to whether the initial data store is also bugged and is the actual problem - but I will leave the team to sort that out

At least I have detailed what I see in a tax per bill scenario

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

bpos

This is secondary to whats been pointed out. Probably another clue toward the problem?

I notice that once an order has been placed it does not seem that the order can be altered in any way? The only thing possible is to add another product which it will add to the total without tax.

On the order edit page open edit pic 31
Before any changes are made the order is calculated from the cart correctly

Trying to change any variable. pic32
Made a few changes to the input fields (in product price) and (taxes)

Changes to input fields not applying. pic33
Hit edit and save and all fields are returned to initial numbers before the edit? No edits worked.

Does it pick up its subtotal from the cost or base price?  Notice that once the order has been opened and saved that the subtotal has changed.

AH

The ability to change an order can be linked to invoiced or not settings

The order edit with tax per bill is (to use an English term) buggered!
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

bpos

bpos

So is this something that needs to be reported as a bug fix or not?

Perhaps it needs to go into another topic section?

Please advise.
I would really like to use this.
Thanks

bpos

Hello. Its been quite some time since this post.

I wonder if anyone found a fix for this yet? There have been several updates but I don`t see any changes to the tax edit problem?

Thanks