News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

PayPal not setting orders to Confirmed

Started by rhyemedia, May 27, 2020, 03:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kvo

I might also note that when using the IPN simulator to test,  when using Web Accept as the Transaction Type, IPN was sent and the handshake was verified.
But using Cart Checkout as the Transaction Type, IPN was not sent, and the handshake was not verified. Review your information.

AH

Sadly you are the only person have this issue.

You may need to seek professional paid assistance
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Topknotch

We are also experiencing similar issues -
Joomla - 3.9.15
Virtuemart - 3.4.2 (we know this an old version but are currently rebuilding the site on a test domain but due to covid this will take a while)

Basically payments have been working fine for a few years then suddenly around the 1st November orders are not changing to Confirmed when payment is received. I have checked paypal and it confirms that it was sent with a transaction ID.

The paypal plugin is set up as it should be -

Pending transactions | Pending
Successful transactions | Confirmed
Cancel transactions | Cancelled
Capture Payment | Shipped
Refunded transactions | Refunded
Partial Refunded transactions | Refunded
Denied | Denied

Something probably changed on Nov 1st and it has affected how the Paypal plugin works with virtuemart ?
Any ideas please ?

Gingerweb

Do you get any "Paypal error" ? Have a look in administrator/logs for a file similar to 1.paypal.1.log.php to see what it says.
around the same time i noticed error on a lot of sites about the same IP address like this

These are the valid IP Addresses: 66.211.169.17,173.0.88.40,173.0.84.40,173.0.88.8,173.0.81.33,173.0.81.1,The Order ID received was: 9WSU0709
2020-10-05 12:59:38 ERROR checkPaypalIps: Error with REMOTE IP ADDRESS = xx.xx.xx.xx

I fixed this in the Paypal plugin config with this:

Check IPN provider IP: Yes
extra IPs for IPN check: xx.xx.xx.xx (change the relevant IP)

hope that helps

Jörgen

I would not be so confident with this solution. The ip 78.129.222.13 is owned byt the company iomart.com. A cloud solutions company, I guess someone using their services could use this IP with a malicious intent. If You are using their services, please ask them why they reroute the PayPal IP.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Gingerweb

Thanks jorgen - that is my host, ill get onto them about this.
Meanwhile the issue TopKnotch has might be similar but with a different IP - i will remove that IP from the above posts
thanks

Topknotch

thanks guys, sadly Check IPN is already set to YES
However I did notice that I do not have the field - extra IPs for IPN check: - as shown here - https://prnt.sc/vh9i1h
Does that mean I have an older version of Paypal installed ?
Below is one of the logs for a failed order -
removed

Any ideas?
Thanks

Jörgen

IP 66.211.170.66 is a PayPal Site, why is it not on the white list ?

Please remove the PayPal data, my show a bit to much for the world to see.

Versions ? Aio, VM Joomla etc ?

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Topknotch

I do not know why the IP is not whitelisted.
Versions are -
VirtueMart AIO 3.4.2
VirtueMart 3.4.2
Joomla 3.9.15

I am aware they are old but as mentioned we are currently rebuilding the site on a test domain, but due to Covid it is taking a little longer than expected so the live site has to remain for a little longer.
Can I update the AIO without updating Virtuemart ? and would that fix the issue ?
Thanks

GJC Web Design

Quotethanks guys, sadly Check IPN is already set to YES

the idea is you try it with this set to NO.... this has often given trouble on some servers previously
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation