News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product sorting - parent and child

Started by marvays, October 30, 2019, 10:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marvays

Hi. I have problem.
I have a parent product and a few offspring. When I display a child page in the administration, I want to sort them. When I click on the arrow, I get a kick and put me back on my parents list.

PHP   7.3.7
Apache
5.5.5-10.2.21-MariaDB-log
VirtueMart 3.6.4 10187
Joomla! 3.9.12.

Any idea? pls.

Now i try change php to 7.2 . . . 2 hours will see.

marvays

chabi01

Hello, some month after this post, i have exactly the same problem... Kick off to the main list when i want to order children...
Is there any solution for this ?
Xavier

chabi01

For the record, i have tried to put number and save order, use the arrow, etc.. always the same : "no way ! Go back to the main list !".

Is this a bug or do i try something impossible ?
I saw also in some other post "Child product can be reorder by  drag and drop"... Ok, how and where ???
I check : the order of the children are given by id in the database obviously, but i want to put a "custom" order (as the name of product is not a good order here also).

Thanks a lot for any help :)
Xavier

chabi01

I'm still trying.

I found the "drag and drop" : i can drag and drop and number for the order appears. Great... but if you try to click on "save order" button -> Kick to the main list and the order is not saved.

Please tell me what i'm doing wrong...
Thanks for any help :)
Xavier

chabi01

Hi everybody,
After a very hard battle, i won....
I found how to order children products... directly in the parent product tab... When you open the parent product, you can see (when the children are created) a new tab "children products".
Here, you can order simply with number the children product shown in the dropdown list.

This is very easy... I'm happy and in the same time, i dont understand why i did not find this information before : is somebody could give me the Virtuemart documentation url showing this information ?
I could find some valuable other information then and avoid to borrow the time of everyone thinking "rtfm !!"... if i can find the manual :))

Anyway, even if nobody did help me here, thanks for the time spent to read all this :)
Xavier