News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VirtueMart 3.8 and category order

Started by vis18neu, May 14, 2020, 14:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vis18neu

Hello. We have a large number of product categories that were manually ordered, but after upgrading shop to VM 3.8 this morning, category order was lost, they are all mixed up and we cannot figure out the logic behind the new order. Of course, we can reorder them again, but we are talking about 150+ categories, which is a time consuming process. Will we again loose the manually set order of categories when we upgrade VM the next time? Thanks.

pinochico

1. How fixed?

Export from DB to csv from backup DB.
Import to actually DB

cca 1-2 hours

2. Why create update on production (master) version?
We use sifistic system with git and branchies (devel, master, hotfix...) and two hostings - devel.xxxx.com + xxx.com

QuoteWill we again loose the manually set order of categories when we upgrade VM the next time?

I don't know, VM 3.8 is new and you must testing :)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

vis18neu

Thank you for your answer.

We always create backup before the upgrade but restoring the website from backup won't solve anything as we will still have to upgrade VirtueMart to the latest version. As for the backup DB - I thought that upgrades make changes to database, would it be possible to simply import DB from backup? Wouldn't that cause the problem with the latest VM version?

I'd like to understand why did this change / problem happen and whether I can expect the same problem with the next upgrades, then maybe we can find some solution to avoid it.

pinochico

I can't find why heappend, I think some people from VM DEV or some developer :(

So we use another system for creating eshop and our DB is backuped on our server every day - 2 months back. Then if I need load the crash DB Table or deleted info from DB Table, I download 1-X day backup and then compare the same collumn.
If you have, then you can make the same - load two CSV and compare - sorting by ID and copy value from one collumn (old DB Table) to another collumn (new DB Table).

I think - load backup DB and replace is not really right away :)

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products