News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Point of Sale for Virtuemart in 2020?

Started by hopinn, April 30, 2020, 15:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopinn

What would be the best POS solution to combine a VM3 shop (www.obeliskfashion.be) and a physical shop with the same products?

The cashier in de physical shop should be able to scan a product to be sold at the counter, so that stock lowers automatically. As payment service provider we work with Mollie, customers pay by Bancontact (Belgium).

Thank you

beltoforion

I have not tested any but looking forward to start this with an actual Store one of my client owns.
I was looking at RO Payments, but have not looked to another one. I would like to see what else you find so I can consider it.

RO Payments supports the following Joomla! extensions:

Book It!
    Eshop
    Event Booking
    Hikashop
    J2Store
    jGive
    Joom Donation
    Joomshopping
    JTicketing
    K2Store
    Membership Pro
    Mijoshop
    OS Services Booking
    Quick2Cart
    RD-Subscriptions
    RSDirectory!
    RSEvents!Pro
    RSForm!Pro
    RSMembership!
    SocialAds
    VirtueMart

RO Payments supports a number of payment providers:

ABN AMRO
    Buckaroo
    EMS
    ING
    Ingenico
    Mollie
    Rabobank
    Sisow
    Target Pay
wanting to learn to create good templates

Studio 42

If you can print QR code, you can use an URL to add to cart.
If you use scancode EAN13, you can create a module to search by scancode, if the scancode is find in the database > add to the cart.
For the POS system, you can use a specific template, to have a light display, with big category buttons and products and a quick search for eg.

hopinn

Is there some footage/ video how a barcode of a product is scanned? And how it is turned into an URL? I assume that this URL automatically adapts stock en sales administration?

Studio 42

What i mean is this https://www.the-qrcode-generator.com/ but it need to generate "add to cart" for each product
EANcode cannot be an URL

gera

I am also looking for a cash register system (POS) for our shop, which uses the same database from our Virtuemart Shop. It is important when we sell a product in store that this inventory is automatically adjusted in Virtuemart.
We used POS for webshops, but this company is no longer responding.

Thanks in advance

Studio 42

What about using a specific template only for POS but using your virtuemart shop directly ?
This need some development but is easy to maintain

loppan

I have used this in the past : https://store.webkul.com/Joomla-Virtuemart-Point-Of-Sale-POS-System.html

It worked, but needed a lot of custom coding to suit my needs. Almost all my products are stock controlled child products and this extension doesn't support that - it just displays every single product as it was a parent. No category filtering either, so in my case it simply loaded too many products and was too slow to be usable. And I don't even have that many products (around 1200).

I added a category filter and in my case I don't sell the exact same products online and "in store" so I managed to make it work OK - I needed it mostly for receipt printing, stock control of these particular products and reporting.

I eventually moved on to other solutions though (a totally different POS).

Quote from: Studio 42 on August 14, 2020, 21:01:05 PM
What about using a specific template only for POS but using your virtuemart shop directly ?
This need some development but is easy to maintain

This sounds like a clever idea in my opinion ;). Guess you'd still need to "bypass" the regular checkout process though somehow, as we have to be able to checkout with just the click of a button and no customer data (generally not even e-mail, unless the customer is kind enough to give it to us ;)).

VM's checkout process can probably be modified for this purpose but we still want to allow normal checkout for online customers outside the POS I suppose :).

But it does sound like the easiest way to achieve this imo.

Studio 42

Sorry for late answer, i was bussy.
For the checkout, you can force the menu item ID, so if you use 2 cart links, you can modify the render for the POS.
This need some development, but is not very hard to do.
If you need to render only some products or categories, you can use a unpublished main category for eg. (or hide it) So you see only this for the POS and the standard shop do not show  the pos categories.
I dont know if you understand exactly, but doing this do not need any additional component and no hacks.
About the category tree, this can be for eg.
-SHOP(for the main shop)
-fruit
-vegetable
-fish
-POS(for POS only)
-fruit
-vegetable
-fish
Then you can select what products should be displayed in POS or in SHOP categories

gera

I also bought and installed it, but that is nothing worth,  https://store.webkul.com/Joomla-Virtuemart-Point-Of-Sale-POS-System.html, it is simply not useful.
I am very interested in what kind of solution did you find, which other POS found.
Or does someone know an existing POS software that is connected to a connector with Virtuemart and does data balancing.
  I urgently need a solution otherwise I will be forced to leave Virtuemart.
Thank you

GJC Web Design

@gera

I have developed a POS system that is used by a couple of my clients .. it uses the idea of a separate template for POS

If u PM me we can discuss further and I can show you a demo etc
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Troels_E

GJC
I would be very interested i hearing more about your solution.

Troels_E

I have been searching high and low and apart from what GJC works on (or has done?) there is no actively developed POS for VM at the moment. So I have been looking at standalone components with an API so integration could be possible.

Preferably I would like a full POS system as my cashregister, something EXTERNAL that "talks" with VM but maybe has a larger costumerbase or community elsewere, this to help avoid the same problems we experience for the VM specific systems (lack of users, end of development).

I cannot find any decent opensource POS systems but I am looking closer at PHPpos that has a nice featurelist.
Would phpPOS be sufficient for others or what are your demands in regards to a POS system? Check their trial/demo)?
Their API SDK is available here: https://phppos.com/api.php at the moment only a woocommerce integration is done.

vids: https://www.youtube.com/c/PHPPointOfSale/videos