News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Showing breadcrumbs following the category structure

Started by m.davide82, March 20, 2020, 15:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m.davide82

Hello,

in order to have a clean breadcrumb, without any problems, is there any way to show the breadcrumbs following the category structure instead of the menu structure?

Thanks a lot.
Davide

pinochico

Hi,

Yes, there is a way to display breadcrumbs without problems and by using the category structure.
Where does it not work?
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Studio 42

If you setup corretly your Joomla menus, the category and breadcrumb can have same structure.

m.davide82

Quote from: pinochico on March 20, 2020, 17:53:59 PM
Hi,

Yes, there is a way to display breadcrumbs without problems and by using the category structure.
Where does it not work?

Hi Pinochico,

ok, how can I show it following the vm category structure?

Quote from: Studio 42 on March 20, 2020, 21:25:45 PM
If you setup corretly your Joomla menus, the category and breadcrumb can have same structure.

Hi Studio 42,

I know, but if I need to have custom urls, I need to create menu items in a differente manner, not the same of the breadcrumbs.

Example:
School > Trolley
Url will be: school/trolley

If I would like to have only trolley in url, I need to create an hidden menu on the first level and after create an alias in the second level of the main menu.
Doing this job, the breadcrumb will be just Trolley and not School > Trolley.

Thanks a lot,
Davide

Studio 42

If you want remove the first level, then you have of course to use alias in main menu and real category link in a hidden menu.
But this is only the case for the first level of categories.
Another solutions, is to create an override of the breadcrumb module, or create your own breadcrumb module. I have already code similar request for my customer(eg if a breadcrumb item have no link this need to be removed for google snippets since last year)
The logic is to verify if you have in request option=com_virtuemart. If it's the case, then you write your own breadcrumb links.

pinochico

Hi,

as wrote Patrick:

- use override of the breadcrumb module, or create your own breadcrumb module (don't forget for new google rich snippets)
- use plugin for Virtuemart Rich Snippets (breadrumb is part of plugin) - https://www.minijoomla.org/extensions/google/rich-snippets-for-virtuemart
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

m.davide82

Hi Guys,

I know that I need to do an override, but I don't know how to get the right values! :)

@Pinochico, my template supports the rich snippets, if I buy that plugin, can I disable the rich snippets of your plugin and use it only for breadcrumbs?

Thanks.
Davide

Studio 42

The code is too long to write. So i cannot write it for you for free.
Contact me, if you need, it should be done in an hour.

pinochico

Quote@Pinochico, my template supports the rich snippets, if I buy that plugin, can I disable the rich snippets of your plugin and use it only for breadcrumbs?

Yes
Are You looking on product images?
https://www.minijoomla.org/images/stories/virtuemart/product/rich_snippets-setup-02.jpg
https://www.minijoomla.org/images/stories/virtuemart/product/rich_snippets-setup-03.jpg

m.davide82

Hi pinochico,

yes, I saw it, but to be sure it's better to ask.

So you can confirm that the breadcrumbs is made from Virtuemart categories and not from the menu structure?

Thanks.
Davide

pinochico

Yes,

for breadcrumbs we use category strom (function getPathway), not Joomla menu list

m.davide82

m.davide82

Quote from: pinochico on March 27, 2020, 15:34:54 PM
Yes,

for breadcrumbs we use category strom (function getPathway), not Joomla menu list

Pinochico, I tried to buy your extensions but GOPay doesn't accept my credit cards, why? I haven't problems with them.
Tried to contact you via form, but no captcha and it doesn't work.

Thanks.

Jörgen

@Pinochico

Contact form at minijoomla:

QuoteError
Captcha plugin not set or not found. Please contact a site administrator.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

pinochico

davide82:

Sorry, today I created plugin for trusted Shops for virtueMart and I'm busy, pls try send me email to

rudolf.balas@minion.cz

I will fix contact form and look insode gopay log, why you can't buy with creditcards