How to prevent adding the same item to the cart twice as a quantity increase?

Started by titolin10, April 08, 2020, 19:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

titolin10

Hello, my friends.

I would like to know how to prevent buyers from adding the same item to the cart twice. Normally the buyer can click the button "add to cart" unlimited times and then the quantity will increase as well as the total amount to pay.

In my case, I sell items with variants of the same product but the person who wants to buy are not allowed to buy the item more than 1 time. instead, he can choose from the variants that available. It seems strange but to make it clear my items are not physical products but "Services" Each service has a variant of options but quantity definition can't be applied to selling services.

So how to prevent multiple "add to cart" and enable choosing or change variant?

Also, by mention services. what is your recommendation regarding using VM to sell virtual services?

Best Regards.

VM3.6.10
j3.9.16

pinochico

QuoteNormally the buyer can click the button "add to cart" unlimited times and then the quantity will increase as well as the total amount to pay.

No, it is no normally, it is as VM configuration :)

Can You try setup Maximum Purchase Quantity == 1?
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products