News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

The exit button is not displayed when administering in the frontend.

Started by AnSit, January 06, 2020, 16:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnSit

Hello everyone!

Can someone tell me why the return button is not displayed when viewing the inventory page (index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=inventory&tmpl=component&manage=1) in the frontend?

A button to exit the administration mode is available on all menus except the inventory page.

In which file and in what place should I write its code so that it appears there?

jenkinhill

I have the URL administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=inventory  in current VM which does include the full Joomla menu.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AnSit

Thank you for responding to help!
Of the menu buttons, there is only a publish button and a release button. But the exit button from the administration(in the frontend) for some reason is not only on this menu. How to restore it there?

VirtueMart 3.6.10 10211

AnSit

And by the way, you indicated the wrong link! Enter through the front end. There in the link there is no word "administrator" at all.
The link should be the following: https://domain.name/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=inventory&tmpl=component&manage=1

jenkinhill

I would never access the store inventory through the front end!  But the VMcontent pages are exactly the same, as they have been for a long time now, with just the two options, publish & release, plus the VM admin menu module on the left. The admin page as said before, also has the Joomla menu.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AnSit

And why is it that you suddenly cannot see the inventory page from the frontend?  :o

Log in to the frontend by the administrator and click the add product button on the VM main page. And you can see from the side absolutely all the VM menu items in the frontend.

What is the problem with you, that you cannot enter the administration mode in the frontend?

AnSit

Tell me, please, at least someone, how to fix this defect and add a button to exit the edit mode in the frontend there?
Maybe someone has any ideas?

Delightful

Quote from: AnSit on January 06, 2020, 16:44:51 PM
Hello everyone!

Can someone tell me why the return button is not displayed when viewing the inventory page (index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=inventory&tmpl=component&manage=1) in the frontend?

A button to exit the administration mode is available on all menus except the inventory page.

In which file and in what place should I write its code so that it appears there?

Hi, I am new on this forum and I literally joined just to find a solution to the same problem.

I was also wondering why isn't there an exit button on the inventory page? Because it gets quite confusing and also irritating everytime I had to exit the inventory page. This is a legit problem.

If you get a solution, please do share it here so that I also try it.

GJC Web Design

how about some screenshots etc for people who never use the FE editing so we know what your discussing?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

AnSit

Wow! I'm not alone! :)
Thanks for joining us!
Yes, of course, now I will show clearly where it is and how it looks.

GJC Web Design

add in administrator\components\com_virtuemart\views\inventory\view.html.php

line 68

$app = JFactory::getApplication();
if($app->isSite()) {
$bar = JToolBar::getInstance( 'toolbar' );
$bar->appendButton( 'Link', 'back', 'COM_VIRTUEMART_LEAVE', 'index.php?option=com_virtuemart&manage=0' );
}
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

pinochico

In VirtueMart are a lot of these errors, because left menu and button bar is custom solution from VirtueMart from version 1.19 still.

Maybe in VM4 will have new design by Joomla standard with all right buttons in button bar.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Studio 42

Quote from: pinochico on January 12, 2020, 01:08:45 AM
In VirtueMart are a lot of these errors, because left menu and button bar is custom solution from VirtueMart from version 1.19 still.

Maybe in VM4 will have new design by Joomla standard with all right buttons in button bar.
Joomla have no front admin menu at all. So if you mean we should use Joomla core , you had nothing !

pinochico

Patrick,

you are really right, if you talk about FE.

But I have right too about button bars and left menu - if you look inside backend virtuemart.

Thanks for your correcting :)

Rudolf
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

AnSit

Many thanks to you for your help!
The code has earned, the button has appeared.

And I beg you all, as developers, do not give up, please, the development and improvement of the work of the VM in the frontend!

This is very, very important for the simplicity and convenience of administering VM by sellers of various levels of access and their competence.