News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

with multilingual it does not duplicate translation on child products

Started by luclomb, October 17, 2019, 22:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luclomb

Hi, I did a multilingual e-commerce with virutemart, inserted the products and created child products with custom field for all.
In ITA everything is ok when I started to insert the translations in Virtuemart I realized that if I insert the translation in the parent product, virtuemart does not change the text of the description and the short description.
Some products have + 20 children's products (being able to choose size and color of t-shirts) for example, if I have to insert the texts of 3 languages in all the products children does not pass me anymore.
Is there any trick or application that allows me to insert the description ONLY into the parent product by duplicating it in all child products?
Thanks.
Jommla 3.9.12
virtuemart 3.6.2
php 7.3

Jörgen

As soon as the child has a description, this overrides the parents description. Clear the descriptions of the children if You want the content of the parent to be inherited by the child.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jjk

Even if the child product description looks empty, the editor might have added an (invisible) div. In this case you need to switch the editor to 'Source Code', clear the div and save it.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.