News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Company vs Private Citizen

Started by nick2011, November 20, 2019, 15:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nick2011

Hello
I'm trying to find a solution to a very simple need:
to have some fields mandatory for a Company (such as VAT ID) and others for a private citizen (such as the fiscal code)

I thought that VM, being one of the most known e-commerce component for Joomla!, was able to do that easily (it's not such a strange need I think)
but after hours of googling I still need to understand HOW.

Can someone please help me?
Thank you in advance

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

nick2011

there's no other way than buying an extension?
this step of the registration should be an included feature of every ecommerce component :(

AH

Quotethis step of the registration should be an included feature of every ecommerce component

That is your opinion, I have seen many free components that do nothing of the sort. 

Quotethere's no other way than buying an extension?

There are definitely other ways, but you would have to learn to code and understand how the system functions, then test your work.  I guess the people building the paid extensions have done that part of the hard work for you and might want to recoup some small payment for their efforts .
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jenkinhill

I can't remember any other forum user asking for this registration setup.

As AH mentions there are other ways other than the VAT extension. For example, I would guess that it should be possible with a forms extension (such as Breezing Forms) to construct different user registration forms for VM and copy the data into the VM/Joomla database. I know it can be done with just Joomla registration.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

StefanSTS

Normally I don't answer anymore when someone writes a question and does not say what he really wants to do.

But to be polite.

Ask the question in a way so that readers know what is needed, in the above I saw at least three different ways of interpreting your one sentence that was actually pointed towards the topic.

My answer would have been even different and maybe is even what you want for almost no work, but since I have to guess if that is really what you want, I rather spend my time on typing this. Learn to ask questions, answers might just be exactly what you need.

Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

GJC Web Design

and it is possible with a bit of html and javascript in theVM  template over ride to show different fields / validation and a couple of buttons to choose which..
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation