News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Send order e-mails to multiple admins?

Started by EvanGR, September 11, 2019, 09:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvanGR

Probably a trivial configuration issue...

There are 3 admins on our e-shop. We want all of them to receive order e-mails (for new orders). Currently, only of them receives them.
I suppose it's the e-mail defined in Shop->Shopper Information.

How can we change this behavior?

Thanks

StefanSTS

Check VM configuration -> second tab Orders.
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

EvanGR

Thanks... a little more clarity is needed there...

• If I disable "Use the vendor email address", where do the emails go?
  • If I type in e-mails in "Additional vendor email addresses".. a) how do I separate multiple addresses b) do these still receive reports if the "use vendor email address" is disabled?

Thanks

(btw... I suggest the info above is more clearly answered in that page, at least via tooltips)

StefanSTS

Hi Evan,

you answered 2a already by reading the tooltip, right?

1. Email will go to the Joomla User in Joomla Configuration I guess.

2b. I guess they will.

Since I don't know that for sure - I never tested it - you are the perfect person to test it.
If you would provide a nice tooltip here afterwards, I am sure I can convince the VM team to use that in future.

Yours voluntary tester too :-)
Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

EvanGR

I didn't see any tooltip for the "Additional vendor email addresses", that's why I asked (in fact, there is none defined in the source code).

I will provide answers for the other questions in this thread, once I get them.

I am in the middle of work, and the chances for testing various options are very slim at the moment.

Thanks

EDIT: Using VirtueMart 3.6.1 10129

StefanSTS

When I hover above the text I see a tooltip like in the attached screenshot in VM 3.6.1.10129.

Did you check if any other tooltips are working? Maybe there is an issue with your browser or some backend extension.
--
Stefan Schumacher

EvanGR

There is no tooltip defined in the HTML code for the field... I checked in the source code.

Will check again tomorrow and report back.

jenkinhill

This is from my test site using the standard VM admin template style. The tooltip is there.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jörgen

Checking the html is not enough there is botj php code (hidden from you) and js that change the html. Js errors or overrides in the admin template could prevent this from being visible.
Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.