Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Multilingual: wrong language for variants

Started by Mister Paul, August 27, 2019, 18:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Paul

Hi,

I have a multilingual site and shop.
Default language is French. UK as second language.

I have products with child products.
So for each product (1 father + children) I selected UK in the scroll down menu and edited the name in Virtuemart (I gave an English name).

- if I consult the father's page in UK: it's fine. Also if I click on the French flag of the Joomla Switch language module, I get redirected fine to the French father's page. And vice versa.
- BUT if I choose a variant from a UK page, the child title is in French. AND a click on the French flag of the Joomla Switch language module redirects me to the Home Page...

For what I see, it seems to be an old bug (?):
https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=135381.0

Thanks for your help
Paul

Mister Paul

StefanSTS

The Joomla languages switcher can only switch from one menu item that is connected with another menu item in a different language.

If you have a menu item for the parent product, switching between the languages should be possible.

I have a menu item for the category so I see the parent product and have to select it. Everything inside is translated properly in each language.

So you might have a problem in your language setup.
Unfortunately you do not give a lot of information like screenshot of the product and language configuration and a link to the site, so it is very difficult to help. That's also why probably noone has answered yet.

Regards
Stefan

PS. This is also important: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=79800.0
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

Mister Paul

Oops... sorry it's my fault, but it's tricky:
I did translate the product name for UK. But I didn't save the product before swithing to the French language in the Virtuemart scroll down menu.

I only saved the product after all modifications were made, UK + Fr. But in fact only the modifications in the current selected language are kept! So the UK modifications were lost. That's why I didn't see them.

Now it's OK.
;)