News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

setting up order confirmation emails

Started by vitalgirlz, July 23, 2019, 03:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vitalgirlz

Hi

I am running

VM 3.4.2
Joomla 3.9.10 (although it says the latest version is 3.9.5 and wants me to upgrade, which is weird)
PHP-Version 7.2.19

using a virtueplanet template.

I am confused as to how to set up order confirmation emails. I can see when I set up a product that I can send an email on a certain condition, but I would rather send one email per order (ie customers may order multiple prods and only get one email). I am not sure how to do this. Also, can I do this whilst automatically listing what they bought, perhaps even with a thumbnail? I would like this to be an automatic system sent email.

I will also need to send an email when the product has shipped, and include the tracking number, so this won't be an automatic email. How do I do this?

Also, what are the invoices? Is this like a normal business invoice where you are asking for payment, or is it more like a customer receipt for payment?

Also, when setting up a product, do you need to enter the quantity range? I have nothing special here, I just want the price to apply to all products purchased - do I need to enter 1? Can I leave it all blank? I tried entering 1 and leaving the second box blank but the second box defaulted to 0 and I am concerned this will mean something quite different to what I want.

thanks
Rebecca

Jörgen

The design of the invoice and order e-mails can be modified in the template, in Your case virtueplanet.

Normally one e-mail per order, not per product, don´t know where You find this setting.

Change status of the order to shipped and include shipping number, automatic needs custom plugin.

Look at a printed invoice, how does it look to You ?

By default, do no enter any quantity range, unless You want to. Test the behaviour, because there are many possibilities to set ranges and dates.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

GJC Web Design

The basic rule in VM for any parameter is if u don't want to use it, leave it alone...

e.g. if u don't want to use quantity pricing then ignore the fields
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

StefanSTS

Sending an email in your product edit is just a notification for the customer that the product is available again.

The customer can click "Notify Me" in a product that is not in stock and is put on the list. So when the product is back in stock, you can notify the customer.
This has nothing to do with the order process.

I guess you should set up an example store of VirtueMart and try and play around a bit, before you go on in your real store.

Regards
Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

pinochico

Hi,

For email templating You can use VirtueMart Email Manager for custom templates. In this application you can create your own email templates neatly, with the help of many predefined variables and templates.

For Wishlist and Notify You can use Wishlist and Notify plugins:
- Wishlist creates a new view inside VirtueMart admin with a list of customer queries
- Notify in conjunction with cron automatically sends emails defined in VirueMart Email Manager to the customer after the product is stored and admin (averyday with the product list).

https://www.minijoomla.org/extensions/email/virtuemart-mailing-manager

Rudolf
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

vitalgirlz

Thanks everyone for your replies, that really helps.

Rebecca

vitalgirlz

Quote from: pinochico on July 23, 2019, 23:47:12 PM
Hi,

For email templating You can use VirtueMart Email Manager for custom templates. In this application you can create your own email templates neatly, with the help of many predefined variables and templates.

For Wishlist and Notify You can use Wishlist and Notify plugins:
- Wishlist creates a new view inside VirtueMart admin with a list of customer queries
- Notify in conjunction with cron automatically sends emails defined in VirueMart Email Manager to the customer after the product is stored and admin (averyday with the product list).

https://www.minijoomla.org/extensions/email/virtuemart-mailing-manager

Rudolf

Hi Rudolf

What triggers the email for back in stock notifications? Is it updating the number of products available, or something else?

thanks
Rebecca

pinochico

Hi Rebecca,

QuoteWhat triggers the email for back in stock notifications? Is it updating the number of products available, or something else?

Yes, email triggers update number of products available in administration.
For this we create 2 new plugins:
- wishlist (new view in administration)
- notify me (plugin for triggers)

best Regards

Rudolf
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products