News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Advice on product quantity (custom field)

Started by EvanGR, June 27, 2019, 12:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvanGR

Hello,

I need advice on how to approach this.

A product can either be sold as one item. Or a set of 4 items (with a lower price than ordering 4 separate items).
This can be done as a custom field, which adds to the price.

But I am wondering if there is a better way to do it, which would also update the product images (e.g. change to a 4 items photo, if the customer selects that option).

Thanks

Jörgen

Hello Evangr

This can be done with AwoCoupon, use for myself since years. But You see the discount in checkout, not in product details.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Studio 42

You can use a child product "pack of four" as option for the pack, but you get a problem if you need stock handel.

EvanGR

Thanks,

Hadn't thought about the stock.

Is it possible to affect the stock any custom fields? Because if I offer the option for a set of 4 pieces, I don't know how to affect the stock level by -4.

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

EvanGR

Jörgen

Not updated in two years is not necessarily an indicator of a bad software, it cane be well written to. I use an extension to include articles in product description that has not been updated for years. Needed the last tweaking when PHP 7.0 came out.

But if You do not want to test this, You have to hire some one to do the coding for you.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Studio 42

Else set 2 prices
1 price for quantity 1 to 3
and another for quantity 4 and more
So if your customer buy more then 3 he get the new price
You can set a discount for the second price too.
Is this not the solution ?

Jörgen

Good thinking Patrick :)

If this only applies to a set of 4, You need it to be a set of 4, you may set prices for the intervals 4..4, 8..8, 12..12.
May look a bit strange, but it could work.

If it applies to 4 and more item, Patricks suggestion would cover it.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

EvanGR

EvanGR

I did some tests. Seems to work great, with one thing missing: showing the total price for the number of products (product page).

With custom fields, you immediately see the new price when you make a selection.

With product quantity, you only see the price for a single product, not the total. Which would be very useful to have.

Any ideas?

Thanks

(ps. default vmBeez3 template)

PRO

Quote from: EvanGR on June 28, 2019, 15:38:53 PM
I did some tests. Seems to work great, with one thing missing: showing the total price for the number of products (product page).

With custom fields, you immediately see the new price when you make a selection.

With product quantity, you only see the price for a single product, not the total. Which would be very useful to have.

Any ideas?

Thanks

(ps. default vmBeez3 template)

that option is in your price configuration.
what do you have checked in price config?

EvanGR

Quote from: PRO on June 28, 2019, 16:06:35 PM

that option is in your price configuration.
what do you have checked in price config?

That was it, thanks!