News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Multi Variants - Inch Problem

Started by LorraineH, May 27, 2019, 12:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LorraineH

Joomla 3.9.6 - Virtue Mart 3.4 (only recently downloaded)

Search engine friendly urls, Seo Suffix set to .html

I am really struggling with the Multi Variant when trying to use feet and inch sizes - this is the scenario

Product 1 (Alias Product-1)
Child Product 1A (Alias Product-1A)
Child Product 1B (Alias Product-1B)
Child Product 1C (Alias Product-1B)

Multi Variant - custom label - Size
Sizes 5' 6", 5' 9", 6' 0"

Child Product 1A = 5' 6"
Child Product 1B = 5' 9"
Child Product 1C = 6' 0"

If I go to domain/category/product1.html the product displays with the drop down with the sizes listed ok.

However, when I select 5' 6" from the drop down it refreshes to domain/category/5'%206".html rather than domain/category/Product-1A.html

It seems the " is causing problems so I tried using " instead of " and that doesn't work at all.  So I tried using " instead of " and that works and selecting size from the drop down list redirects to the alias ok.  BUT then later when I make a change to the product (eg a price change, so nothing to do with the custom fields) then it wipes out all the selections in the custom fields for that product, and I have to re-input the sizes using  " again in the custom fields and re-assign to the child products.

Any way around this?

diri

LorraineH

Thanks for the reply - tried that and same thing happens.

Works intially but if I go back to the product and make a change like updating the price, and then check the custom fields it has wiped out the sizes for all the child products listed so I have the list of child products but on the right under "Use custom label" they are all showing "Please Select" again.  So every time I make a change to the product I have reselect all the sizes again for the custom field.

diri

Thank you for response!

I fear there is something not that well  in relation to child products and custom fields. I stumpled over an issue in this relation but, time does not permit to have a close look ...  :-\