News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Virtuemart and joomla 4

Started by Eagle21, May 10, 2019, 19:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starexhaust

Quote from: starexhaust on September 07, 2021, 06:53:40 AM
Hey, I'm trying to install the new VM J4 compatible version. But it says "Internal server error" when I try to install the core. My website is coolanttubes.com. If you type "2181" into the search bar, you can see the debug info. If anyone has any suggeations let me know, thanks.

Here is a screenshot of the error I get in the backend joomla admin when trying to install the core.

jjk

Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

starexhaust

Thanks for the response! This is the file that I'm using and referring to though! Any suggestions?

jjk

Quote from: starexhaust on September 07, 2021, 15:17:45 PM
Thanks for the response! This is the file that I'm using and referring to though! Any suggestions?

I don't get the router error when I install Joomla 4.0.2 over a Joomla 3.10.1 and then the com_virtuemart.3.8.9.10534_package_or_extract.zip.
(but still a lot of other errors due to incompatible plugins)
Maybe try this one instead: https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=142569.msg524833#msg524833
Perhaps also check and remove any leftover files in the tmp folder, from previous unsuccessful installation attempts.

starexhaust

I tried both of those things, I now get the message "Internal Server Error". Attaching a screenshot of the page that comes up when I search for a VM product on my website. Thank for helping.

jjk

If you installed the version posted here in the forum by stAn99 first and afterwards installed the version from http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files, you might have ended up with conflicting router versions. The existing router.php might load too early.

starexhaust

That could definitely be what happened, how would I resolve that?

stAn99

Hello, Internal server error is not somthing that would be useful for this thread. It only means that there is a fatal error within PHP.

Please make sure you can provide a feedback which would be useful for VM community and DEVs, by enabling proper error reporting:
- in joomla set PHP error reporting to development or maximum
- in php.ini make sure that display_errors=on + error_reporting=E_ALL (or similar per php version)

if you cannot edit php.ini directly, or joomla error reporting does not show you errors, you might ask your hosting on how to enable error reporting and it's display in:
- htaccess (in joomla root and joomla's administrator root)
- .user.ini override (in joomla root and joomla's administrator root)
- php.ini override
- php pool error reporing values (php_admin_value[error_reporting] and php_admin_value[display_errors] )

if none of the above helps you might also check your php error log.

furthermore i suggest ot enable "debug mode" in joomla global configuration so that you can report backtraces in this forum. i suggest to disable "system - debug" plugin which might cause memory issues when you run it with less then 4gb ram per php process.

if you can, i suggest to enable xdebug extension for PHP which is helpful in detecting infinite loops/recursion and can provide better backtraces compared to standard PHP backtrace.

best regards, stan

----
RuposTel.com
www.rupostel.com
Your customized checkout solution for Virtuemart

stAn99

if you installed my j4legacy plugin, just disable it in joomla extensions and install the VM10534+ or disable it within the plugin backend interface.

best regards, stan
----
RuposTel.com
www.rupostel.com
Your customized checkout solution for Virtuemart

starexhaust

Thanks for the suggestions. I disabled j4legacy, tried to install the core component, and I get these errors now.

pinochico

Column "oc_note" ?

What is this?
This is VM standard DB field?
Is right version Mysql for VM?
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

jjk

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

oschellas

Getting following error on a fresh installation when visiting Joomla front-end (after installing VM with demo data):
XAMPP PHP 7.4 / Joomla 4.0.3 / com_virtuemart.3.8.9.10534

0 Call to a member function get() on null

Call stack
#    Function    Location
1    ()    JROOT\plugins\system\vmLoaderPluginUpdate\vmLoaderPluginUpdate.php:56
2    plgSystemVmLoaderPluginUpdate->__construct()    JROOT\libraries\src\Extension\ExtensionManagerTrait.php:242
3    Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->loadPluginFromFilesystem()    JROOT\libraries\src\Extension\ExtensionManagerTrait.php:160
4    Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->loadExtension()    JROOT\libraries\src\Extension\ExtensionManagerTrait.php:94
5    Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->bootPlugin()    JROOT\libraries\src\Plugin\PluginHelper.php:235
6    Joomla\CMS\Plugin\PluginHelper::import()    JROOT\libraries\src\Plugin\PluginHelper.php:193
7    Joomla\CMS\Plugin\PluginHelper::importPlugin()    JROOT\libraries\src\Application\CMSApplication.php:739
8    Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->initialiseApp()    JROOT\libraries\src\Application\SiteApplication.php:709
9    Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->initialiseApp()    JROOT\libraries\src\Application\SiteApplication.php:224
10    Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute()    JROOT\libraries\src\Application\CMSApplication.php:278
11    Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()    JROOT\includes\app.php:63
12    require_once()    JROOT\index.php:32

When I disable the VM Framework Loader during Plugin Updates and Registration Redirect extension the error is gone.

RobertL

I haven't had already mentioned issues on a clean install (PHP7.4, J4.02 and 4.03, VM3.8.9.10534), but the front end is a bit broken, specifically custom fields (screenshot attached).

This is with sample content, and standard Cassiopeia template.