Previous topic - Next topic

mfarooqi

Hello Sir,
I'm running

Joomla! 3.9.3
And VM: VirtueMart 3.2.8
PHP   7.2.16

When a user gets registered, vendor gets an email,
when user places order and Checks out, Vendor does not get any emails...?
When users requests for a password, or username or any thing related to email, that works great.
Update Order status also sends email.

I've tested sending emails from Global Configuration -> server-> test email, that works fine.

Q: when user places order and Checks out, Vendor does not get any emails...?
For last few days, it was all working fine, but now all in sudden, it has stopped working, I have not installed any new component or made any big change.. but only a few scripts in template folder.
BTW, If i disable template and load default template, I'm still not getting emails.

Can somebody please tell me what should i check, or further share to investigate.

Jörgen

Sound like something has changed in Your host. New PHP version perhaps ?
Sure that your scripts aren´t connected to a new plugin or similar ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

mfarooqi

I had that thought in mind that, may be PHP version, but later I realized,  the customer registration email is working fine, test email too, even the customer receives emails too. So that email is just an email, shouldn't that work seamlessly?

And all happened just by itself... while PHP version is the same for many days.

On my localhost, I'm running on php:7.1.5, I changed it to 7.0.19,  And it didn't work.

mfarooqi

BTW.. for a better solution, I installed a fresh copy of Joomla 3.9.4 and VM 3.4.2 with dummy data.  And that all worked great.

Can somebody tell me what specifically files are sending emails, So I could tally them. I guess shopfunctions.php or any others. I don't want to update, because, There is uncounted customization in databases and on many other files.  So I can though check and compare email functions if anything has changed from vm3.2.8 to vm3.4.2.

Thank you.

mfarooqi

It is working now. Actually I was getting emails but those were being moved to trash or spam..  :D I've fixed the filter and now emails are arriving in to my inbox. I'm sorry if bothered any one.

Jörgen

I suspected that, there is no difference from VM point of view regarding the receiver.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.