News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Show parent category when selecting a category

Started by cjsmiff, March 17, 2019, 01:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjsmiff

Hi,

I wondered if it's possible to display the parent category of a category when selecting the Product categories in Joomla Admin, also for creating discounts per category.

I have this scenario... a kitchen website with several kitchen ranges. Each range has the same set of product but they are priced differently. So, I have created range categories as top level categories, each range has a set of sub categories (wall units, sink units etc). I have one set of products in a dummy category that I will add to each range's relevant sub category. Then I will create the discounts to apply to each range's sub categories.

So, for example if I want to apply 10% discount to many ranges sub categories I will end up with a load of the same named sub category titles in the category selection box. Fine, but what happens if I want to change one of these to 15%? I can't just edit the 10% discount and delete the relevant one because I can't see which range each belongs to. So I need the parent category to be displayed as well.

I hope this makes sense!!?!!

I am using VM 3.4.2 with Joomla 3.9.4.

:)

hellorain

Raincreatives - Virtuemart & Mobile Commerce Experts

cjsmiff

hellorain

Hello,

We need to some customization for your requirement.

Best Regards,
hellorain.

cjsmiff

cjsmiff

Quote from: hellorain on March 17, 2019, 13:54:49 PM
Hello,

We need to some customization for your requirement.

Best Regards,
hellorain.

Getting near to needing this now, please can you tell me the cost for your help.

hellorain

Hello,

Can you please provide your skype details for quick estimate?

Best Regards,
hellorain.

cjsmiff

Just to say that hellorain was great, should anyone need similar help. Oh, and he also makes APPS!!  :D

hellorain