NEED EXPERIENCED DEV TO ANSWER: HOW TO EDIT AN EXISTING CUSTOMER ORDER

Started by sherrieblossom, December 20, 2018, 06:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sherrieblossom

Hello I'm on Joomla
VirtueMart 3.2.14

ISSUE #1 - OUTDATED VMA AFFILIATE PLUGIN NO LONGER SUPPORTED BY DEVELOPER AND NEED SOMEONE TO UPDATE

I am using an affiliate plugin that was intended for VM 1-2. On the old email receipts you'll have these lines and the affiliate plugin would have calculated the subtotal minus the coupon discount. See below

Example VM 1-2 order receipt:
SubTotal :   $60.00
Shipping and Handling Fee :   $34.30
Tax Total :   $0.00
Coupon Discount:   - $10.00
Total:   $84.30

Example VM 3x order receipt:
SubTotal:
$521.00           $0.00   $0.00   $521.00
COUPON OR GIFT CODE: One per order.                       $-182.35
Shipment Fee:   $41.48           $0.00       $41.48
Payment Fee:   $0.00           $0.00       $0.00
Total:               $0.00
$0.00   $380.13

Now that the lines have changed with the latest versions of Joomla and VM, the plugin is calculating commission from the first subtotal line which is based on full cost of all products in the cart whereas it should be calculating the subtotal minus the coupon discount of x% (from affiliate discount code), then have a line for the subtotal of that (shipping excluded). This is the proper way that the plugin should be calculating to give the affiliate the correct commission, but because the receipt is different than VM 1-2x, my affiliates are getting paid on full prices of products and to include shipping and tax.

Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes for this?

SECOND ISSUE: EDIT EXISTING ORDER
In VM 1-2x, we were able to edit an existing customer order whether adding or subtracting products. There was a drop down menu we could use and we can also apply or change any coupon % that the customer used and add additional discounts we gave the customer such as free shipping. The system would then update it automatically to reflect the new total in the VM backend receipt.

I always have customer who are confused as to what they are ordering and they always forget to add accessories so many times I have to either add accessories for them or exchange a style to a different product. Although VM states that they removed these options for the customer's safety, I disagree. Credit card info is never stored on our site and any changes we have are manually charged to Authorize.net website separately with the customer's permission. The price difference is then processed through Authorize.net., then we go into VM receipt and update the order to reflect the product changes and or discounts applied.

Example of editing current VM receipt on backend.
Need to add $25 cleaning spray to their order per their request
Step 1: open a new tab and get the SKU and product info to add to the existing order.
Step 2: add price of product
Step 3: click save.
After clicking save the new product is added with the price however the cost of the added product is not reflected in the total nor does it show to the far right. (See attachment)

VM developers this was a grave mistake to remove these much needed functions that thousands of users have been requesting to bring back. If anyone can please help me with these two issues I can hire you. Please provide instructions if you have any fixes for the aforementioned issues . Thank you!

GJC Web Design

SECOND ISSUE: EDIT EXISITING ORDER

I know that the developers are working on this now and may be ready in the next release - have u tried on the latest stable -- 3.4.2
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jenkinhill

For the affiliate plugin issue the plugin obviously needs updating to function with current VM3.4 versions, can't the original plugin developer do that? There is a dilemma with order editing in that in some countries it is illegal to edit an order if an invoice has been issued, so this needs addressing in the order editing code. Not sure is it is yet finalised in VM 3.4.3.9992
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

GJC Web Design

QuoteFor the affiliate plugin issue the plugin obviously needs updating to function with current VM3.4 versions, can't the original plugin developer do that?

if they have disappeared then to get any sort of an estimate you would need to show us the code.. it is impossible to guess how he may have done this
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

pinochico

VMA Affiliate - Very poorly written extension.
We have been using it for 8 years on many eshops, and we think it could be a great application in case of constant development.

The code for J3 / VM3 is still original from J1.5 and does not respect the Joomla framework and its functionality.
No paging works, admin view does not contain submenus and links ...
For example, a commission calculation exists only as an addition to the current value and no history is stored.
I can not change / lower my commission in case of an error, because when I delete it, I have to edit it manually in the database - do not deduct from the existing value.
Functions are not written once, but are repeated in each model.
It does not work with a multilanguage VM and does not load a list of products and categories in the administration for a multilanguage eshop.
Support has not worked for at least 4 years.

We have completely rewrite code the program to work on J3.8 / VM3
We added a new DB table for commission history and links to referral partners.
We've created a new landing page for end-users with the ability to share content (banners, text ads, image ads, products ...) on fb, twitter and html copy.
We have affiliated affil_id to feeds (EasyFeeder application) so the URL automatically contains Partner ID and affiliate eshop can load our products with their affili_ID to their eshops.
We have programmed the affiliate link to Acymailing (2 plugins), and we can now automatically create campaigns with affil_ID partner and other variables in the email.

Now we will be programming the sub_id system and the entire JS system for tracking and evaluating success (just like CJ Affiliate or Google Analytics)

Unfortunately, we are not going to publish this modified version as an extension, but I can install it as a service or modify existing functionality.

You can find a sample at www.zelenazeme.cz after registering with the affiliate.

Rudolf
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

sherrieblossom

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 20, 2018, 10:48:57 AM
For the affiliate plugin issue the plugin obviously needs updating to function with current VM3.4 versions, can't the original plugin developer do that? There is a dilemma with order editing in that in some countries it is illegal to edit an order if an invoice has been issued, so this needs addressing in the order editing code. Not sure is it is yet finalised in VM 3.4.3.9992
No I have not. Can you tell me why you are asking or are you suggesting this will help?
Can someone tell me how to make suggestions the VM team? It's ridiculous that they created this new method and took out the most important function that we all need and love. When I edit an order, does anyone know how to get the last line for the total (on each individual product line) to calculate it on the right and thus into the total at the bottom of the invoice? Currently, if I edit an existing order and change the quantity from 1 to 2 of the same product, it won't add the price of the product at the far right.

Example:
Current order:
Item 1 $10
If I change the same item to qty 2, the total on the far right for this items stays at $10 when it should be $20.