News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM2 to VM3 Migrate with custom fields

Started by colmagoo, February 25, 2019, 22:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colmagoo

I have inherited a Joomla! 2.5.28 site running VirtueMart 2.6.22 which I need to upgrade to the latest versions of both. I think I can probably manage to get the updates to work if I proceed carefully, however I am concerned that the custom fields will not transfer over correctly and it is a long time since I worked with these. Basically I need each product to have a size dropdown which will change the price. However I do NOT need stock control.

I am finding the documentation (what there is of it - in random places on the web) really confusing and don't really know where to start. I'm guessing I'm going to be using Custom fields to achieve this but which type - the custom field types are a minefield - cart variant / generic child variant / plug-ins etc, which one (if any) of these do I need to be using ? At least if I know the correct terminology of what type of custom field I need I can start looking in the right place.

My other question is it even possible to export the old custom fields & import them in the new format ? Please see the attached screen prints (both front end and back examples) of how these are currently set up.

And is the CSVI plugin still the way to go ?

Sorry I know its a big ask but I'm not asking to be spoon-fed, just pointed in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

jenkinhill

Easiest way to manage the full update is with Daycounts migrator - https://extensions.virtuemart.net/back-office/import-export/virtuemart-migrator-detail
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum