Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

virtuemart / joomla user fields mapping

Started by bilbaxo, February 01, 2019, 10:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bilbaxo

joomla 3.9.2 / Virtuemart 3.4.2
Hello,
The virtuemart registration form doesn't map correctly the informations between the tables "virtuemart_userinfos" and "users"
When I create a new user (with the virtuemaret registration form"), the table "virtuemart_userinfos" is correctly filled but not the joomla user fields.
In this table, the fields "name" and "username" have the same information, lhe virtuemart username (see the pictures)

but I need these fields correctly filled.
How can I do it ?
thank's for your help
J.Green

Jörgen

This should be no problem, how do You fill in the data ?
Custom template ?
OPC ?

Displayed name and username should be different, if You choose to, it is up to You when You fill in the form.

If You fill in the same info, the will be the same, if You omit any of these in the form two I think the result is the same.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

bilbaxo

thank's for your answer but I am not sure you undestood.
The form (custom template) is correctly filled by the user (mail, username, name, surname) but the infos are not correct in the joomla user table only in the virtuemart table user...

Jörgen

Without screenshots impossible to tell ....

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

bilbaxo

I joined the screenshots with a link and as joined pieces. Look at it please

Jörgen

I have looked at them, please show how You fill in the fields. The original screenshots say nothing.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

bilbaxo

I can ask my question another Way :
If you look at the same tables in your site, are the tables ok or the same as me...
I precise that I have disabled the plugin which could create a problem and I made a new installation of Virtuemart upon the first to be sure the files are ok...

Jörgen

In my site I can distunguish between username and displayed name because they are separate input fields in the registration form. Therefore they are stored exactly as they should be. That is why I asked You to show how You handle the input on screen. If You have a custom template this can be changed.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

bilbaxo

Studio 42

The Joomla user is set in /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/user.php
function store()
So check if you have right value on store

bilbaxo

I was looking for this file but I didn't find it : I didn't look in the administrator  folder.
But it seems ok. I compare with the original with Winmerge ans there is no difference.
I joint it...