News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Responsive Checkout

Started by stargazer1682, August 04, 2020, 06:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargazer1682

I noted this in another thread I started, but I wanted to post this in more detail separately.  It's a combination notice and question.

I just finished modifying the checkout layout to make it more responsive; and I thought I'd share those changes for anyone else looking for the same thing.  I'm using the Protostar template in Joomla 3, currently running Virtuemart 3.8.4 10335.

The main file I modified is /components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default_pricelist.php
I also had to make a few style adjustments to /components/com_virtuemart/assets/css/vm-ltr-common.css
and /components/com_virtuemart/assets/css/vm-ltr-site.css
I've attached copies of all three of the files.  I had to convert them to txt files in order to attach them.

The question portion is to ask if anyone will look over the changes; and the checkout page itself (linked below) for a second set of eyes, to make sure I haven't missed anything that could potentially cause an issue in the checkout process. In particular, I large part of what I changed was essentially made the columns into rows and incorporated div containers to replace much of the table structure.  With it inverted this way, I want to make sure there's nothing that might otherwise display in the columns that might now show up with this new orientation.

This is the link to the demo site's store page, where there checkout can be testing adding either of the two sample products:
http://s827872548.onlinehome.us/SimuRide/index.php/our-store

Thanks

GJC Web Design

I like it .. without tables is a different take on it and displays nicely at all screen sizes
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

stargazer1682

Just an update, once I got all of the totals showing up, I made some additional visions to make sure everything is labeled properly; and did some further layout adjustments, weeding out more of the old table code and replacing it with div's.  I've updated the files attached in the original post; and the updated layout can still be seen at the original link above.

And can I just say, I don't know what it is about how the "vm-col-2a vertical-separator" div class is configured, but boy did it turn out to be handy in getting everything fit nicely.