New stable release candidate vm 3.4.2.9966 released, complete list of changes

Started by Milbo, October 08, 2018, 09:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aninka

well thank you for the link but that was a waste of time.  I tried all methods to reveal the error but none of them worked. 

Not sure what config file they are referring to as I looked at all of them and did not find where to set "PHP Developer mode"

Site is still broken, need some help to fix this, please

aninka

Quote from: Studio 42 on October 10, 2018, 14:18:57 PM
If you cannot modify the config, you should edit the configuration.php file in the Jomla root folder and set public $error_reporting = 'maximum';

I tried this and it didn't provide any error either.

GJC Web Design

no one can help u without knowing what the fatal problem is and probably access to your site .. 
how would anyone here know what the problem is when the only info is that the admin white screens?

could be anything...   
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

aninka

yes it could be anything but it was caused by the update.  And no one has been able to help me find out how to see what the problem is.

Studio 42

Quote from: aninka on October 10, 2018, 23:56:19 PM
yes it could be anything but it was caused by the update.  And no one has been able to help me find out how to see what the problem is.
As GJC Web Design said a blank page is a PHP error.
I : If you cannot modify the config, you should edit the configuration.php file in the Jomla root folder and set public $error_reporting = 'maximum';
So you have the answer.

But the error can be hide by the server config. You should see in your panel or php.ini, how to change the php error reporting.
If you dont know, then email to the server support. We cannot help you if we have no report. A blank page is the result, not the problem.

You are not a developper and cannot solve it ? Then you have to hire someone.

P.S: this is a help forum, no one get paid to help you in the forum, so please be cool.

StefanSTS

@Aninka Why don't you export you database and put your backup online?

So the tenison is over and you can do what everyone should do: set up a test environment and test NOT in your live shop that gets orders every day, but in a secure space.

Stefan

--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

Milbo

Quote from: welrachid on October 10, 2018, 14:47:29 PM

if (!class_exists ('shopFunctionsF'))
         require(VMPATH_SITE . DS . 'helpers' . DS . 'shopfunctionsf.php');

Apparently DS is no longer defined, so i changed this to DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR
VMPATH_SITE is also not defined, so i cant get classes loaded correctly.

this means that:
$orderModel=VmModel::getModel('orders');
gives me a Fatal error.

This is very strange, because the DS is still defined. Since vm2.0.0 there is the advice to use

if (!class_exists( 'VmConfig' )) {
require(JPATH_ROOT .'/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/config.php');
VmConfig::loadConfig();
}

Then the DS is defined again. It is now just good style to remove it. Ah yes and the line itself uses the / now. So as GJC already wrote.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member