News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Need developer to create desktop application for Virtuemart

Started by naoko15, August 29, 2018, 11:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naoko15

Hi

I need desktop application for Windows that syncronizes Virtuemart's db with our local Windows product/customer management program's db. It'd be a simple desktop application, executed just by clicking a button. The simpler the better. At the moment, we have a similar application up and running locally in our server. It connects locally with the management program and remotely to VM.

This application would have to work for two different databases corresponding to two Virtuemart websites. Both are similar.

This is what I'd need it to do:

* Update prices in Virtuemart according to prices for online sale products from the management program
* Update stock in Virtuemart according to stock in the management program
* Unpublish products in Virtuemart according to a series of criteria from the management program
* Update images from a local folder to be displayed in the corresponding product layout in the management program (each image has this name: "sku]product.png".)

Not all of the products would need to be syncronized. Only the products with a field in the management program called "venta online" activated would be updated. Website number 2 would update with a different field.

I'd need to be able to easily change the names/passwords of the databases of Virtuemart and the management program in the application and the connection details.

I'd need it to work with all versions of Virtuemart.

Studio 42

It's a big task to do it. Can you not export by CSV or use directly a simplified online management interface ?

naoko15

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I know. However, I need this program to be very easy to use and keep it as simple as possible. What do you mean by online management interface?

naoko15

Hi Hayden,

Thanks! Tried to PM you but your inbox is full

Studio 42

Quote from: naoko15 on August 29, 2018, 13:20:38 PM
Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I know. However, I need this program to be very easy to use and keep it as simple as possible. What do you mean by online management interface?
Eg. Vm Be pro https://shop.st42.fr/en/products/vm-be-pro-batch-product-edit.htm