News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Virtuemart overriding Registry object - Default Joomla template.

Started by joomdev2, August 16, 2018, 20:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joomdev2

Hello,

On our virtuemart install, our template params are not reflecting/available on the frontend, this is probably because our template is also using JRegistry to register and access params on the frontend.

I found the fix.
In the file:
components\com_virtuemart\helpers\vmtemplate.php
line 212
if($app->isSite()) $app->setTemplate($template,$registry);

Commenting this code fixes the issue. I understand this is only for virtuemart templates but it seems to be overriding the core template params.

Also, this is only applicable to the Frontpage (Depreciated) layout and the category and other layouts seems to be working fine.

My question:

1. Can we ignore this and assume that this would be fine working forward (as it is already with the category layout and other menu items).
2. Is there a bigger issue that would need to be fixed on the template level by the developer.

The template framework in question is astroid (astroidframework.com).

Thanks,
Chetan

GJC Web Design

QuoteAlso, this is only applicable to the Frontpage (Depreciated) layout and the category and other layouts seems to be working fine.

then switch to the correct setup  of the home page ( if VM) is a menu to the root VM cat
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

joomdev2