News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

My cart module doesn't link to cart but to base url

Started by mrmysterious, January 28, 2018, 05:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrmysterious

Hello,

I have the following issue:

When clicking the cart symbol in the cart module in frontend the user is being taken to the base url and not to the cart. Look at the pic (yellow area).
Why is that and where can I change this url? In the modules .php maybe?

Greetings
MrM

Joomla!-Version 3.8.5
VirtueMart 3.2.12
Template As002053free (customized)
OS Linux h
PHP 5.6.30
MySQL 5.6.19-67.0-log

Studio 42

have you set a item menu link in joomla to the cart  and is the cart not disabled in the config ?

mrmysterious

Thanks for answering,

To answer last question first: I do think so - see attached pics, and it's active, too - you see there's one product in it.

Quotehave you set a item menu link in joomla to the cart

Why would that be necessary? Wouldn't have the cart module have to link to itself right from the start?

But if I click on it leads me to my startpage - the baseurl: www.shoppieonline.de :-[
Joomla!-Version 3.8.5
VirtueMart 3.2.12
OS Linux h
PHP 5.6.30
MySQL 5.6.19-67.0-log

Studio 42

Der link ist nicht von den module. Normale weis hast du kein link when der korb lehr ist. So meine ich das dieser link einen normale link ist and nicht von virtuemart.
Try to add a Joomla menu item link in the same template position as the cart module, or modify the template override, the problem is not from Virtuemart, but certainly from template.

mrmysterious

Thank you.

I figured out it was the logo home link in the header row (index.php of the template) which overlayed the link for module.
I found it easiest to put a new link there that links to cart. Because I don't need a home link there while another is in top menue.
See attached pic.

I changed the lower yellow area (the upper shows how it was before - in case the logo would be an image file) for my Logo is text only.

Thanks for pointing me to the right direction. :)
Joomla!-Version 3.8.5
VirtueMart 3.2.12
OS Linux h
PHP 5.6.30
MySQL 5.6.19-67.0-log