I fill all the fields I can.

When I click on 'Save', I get the following error messages:

Invalid field:  First Name
Invalid field:  Last Name
Invalid field:  Address 1
Invalid field:  Zip / Postal Code
Invalid field:  City
Invalid field:  Country

The thing is, there are no fields in any of the available (three) tabs in 'VirtueMart>Control Panel>Shop>Shop'

...for the claimed fields above!

How do I get to those fields to complete them please?

With thanks in advance guys.
VM v. 3.4.2
Joomla v. 3.9.5
PHP v. 7.2.1

Hawker

Update:

Not spelled out in VM documentation (as far as I can see), however it seems:

1. A shopper has to be set up first
2. A shopper (the word means 'one who shops' [i.e. one who buys]) in VM terminology seems to include the store owner. I don't get this.
3. Even after setting up the Vendor /Store owner, under VM>Tools>Tools & Migration, no field is appearing to identify the ID number of the store owner.

Still stuck.  :'(
VM v. 3.4.2
Joomla v. 3.9.5
PHP v. 7.2.1

Marion

Quote from: Hawker on January 17, 2018, 11:51:18 AM
How do I get to those fields to complete them please?

Hi

It's under configuration - "user fields" or somethin alike (I'm having the German version). There you can set user fields mandatory or not and on which places they should be displayed.

jenkinhill

Quote from: Hawker on January 17, 2018, 12:25:39 PM
Not spelled out in VM documentation (as far as I can see), however it seems:

1. A shopper has to be set up first
Yes and has always been so, at least since VM2.  http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/administration-configuration-vm-2/200-set-up-your-shop.html
If you use the VM sample data these fields are shown to you. Alternatively your vendor should first register using VM's registration form, eg Joomla menu link to Account maintenance.

2. A shopper (the word means 'one who shops' [i.e. one who buys]) in VM terminology seems to include the store owner. I don't get this.
For VM a shopper is a store user. If you are pedantic about the use of the word you can always change it, the software is open source and overrides are easily constructed.

3. Even after setting up the Vendor /Store owner, under VM>Tools>Tools & Migration, no field is appearing to identify the ID number of the store owner.

The ID is displayed in the Id column in the shopper list.  Orders & Shoppers/Shoppers
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Hawker

Marion and Jenkinhill: you are both stars! Thank you!  :D
VM v. 3.4.2
Joomla v. 3.9.5
PHP v. 7.2.1