vmError: The parameter Merchant e-mail is required for the payment ( 1)

Started by Alemantico, December 27, 2017, 10:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alemantico

Hi there,
since the last entry into this topic is quiet some time ago, I hope, that I will be heard with my question to you;
Since 2 days now, I'm receiving an error message, saying:
QuotevmError: The parameter Merchant e-mail is required for the payment ( 1)
. In this case, payment 1 is paypal. Because to me, the email seems to be configured just fine (Shop-Vendor), I cannot understand where, why or what is causing that error message? The Authentication is set to "Signature", and all credentials are filled out properly via copy paste from the paypal account. Also under "User", I double checked if the emails are identical. At the moment, I'm really very confused, of what'S going on here.
Additional Infos:
VirtueMart Ver: 3.2.12
Joomla! Vers:  3.8.3
Before I contacted you, I checked the internet, but could not find anything similar like that!
It would be great, if someone has any idea of what is happening,

best regards!

thnk you very much in advance!

Alemantico

meanwhile I recognized, that the option Enable database Update tools was not checked. After that, I went to the db tools and synchronized, installed and optimized around. That neither worked for me!

Alemantico

Meanwhile I also figured out, that as soon as I added another paypal payment, set to "standard" and disabled it, the error message disappeared. I thn thought, I'd try to move back to paypal pro, but than the error message appeared again. Even as I set it back to Standard; now the error message remains.

Studio 42

vmError: The parameter Merchant e-mail is required for the payment ( 1) mean that your email is not set in the payment parameter Merchant e-mail is not set or misspelled

Alemantico

I wonder, where? Because under payment fields at paypal there's not even such an email field (I just added 2 Screenshots of all available paypal fields).

Alemantico

ok, what I did menwhile; I deleted the paypal payment option and created a new one. As result the error message disappeared.  But except of the bitcoin payment option, all others disappeared on the list. I just added the screenshots of the current situation, I'm facing! Meanwhil  I tried to solve the issue by re-installing all other plugins for payment options. But with no success!

jjk

Did you configure a  PayPal sandbox? If you test with the sandbox it doesn't use the life email addresses and no emails are actually sent. And while testing, you need to be logged in into the sandbox account. See https://www.paypalobjects.com/webstatic/de_DE/downloads/erstellen_eines_paypal_sandbox_accounts.pdf

(don't know anything about third party bitcoin plugins for VM. Never installed one of those)
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Studio 42

Some template or OPC need to have a logo.
Note that adding all shooper groups is same as adding none.

Alemantico

well, meanwhile I uninstalled virtuemart with all its components and installed it again. I also changed paypal into standard, but I still get the same error message
QuotevmError: The parameter Merchant e-mail is required for the payment ( 1)
. (Yes, of course I placed the email and no, I did not mis-spelled the email adress). I wonder, where that stupid error message is coming from?

Alemantico

I also tried to uninstall all the payment getaways. Unfortunately, the broken paypal getaway is a native one of virtuemart. Is there an older version of paypal getaway, so I can narrow down from where the heck the problem is being caused?

jjk

Hmm, so far you seem to be the only user with that error, so something in your case must be unique. Assuming that your are still using the PayPal sandbox, did you set up the sandbox emails in your PayPal account setting similar to this: http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/28-plugins-payment-shipment-and-others/116-setting-a-testing-environment-in-paypal.html

Do you see some additional error information in the PayPal log file when you have 'Debug' enabled in the VM PayPal configuration?

Alemantico

hi jiik,

thank you for your reply and for the link about how to create sandbox! Yea, that's really very weirld, that I'm the only user with that issue! In order to keep track on the error cause, I meanwhile uninstalled almost all other extensions (other payment getaways, SEF and optimizing tools). At the end, the error message about the email disappeared just for a short moment. But even paypal is the only payment I currently have installed into virtuemart, soon the same error message
QuoteError vmError: The parameter Merchant e-mail is required for the payment ( 1)
was there again! Anyway, so that you can take a look on it, I placed the site online. Please let me know, after you visited the site, so I can set it back to offline, till I solved this payment issue! And since the beginning of creating the onlinestore, I worked with paypal Sandbox. Only for this time, during the online state of my site, I switched paypal to life (its not working anyway). Look, this is the link to my site: www.austrialandscapes.org

Thank you Guys for keeping up with me! I guess I'd be lost, when I'd be left alone with that issue.

P.S: I wonder about the VM membership; Unfortunately, I cannot effort gold or silver member, but maybe bronze. Would that investment help me to get a VM developer taking a look behind the curtains?

Best regards and thank you again for all your precious time and efforts! I really really appreciate that very much!

jjk

At present the main issue seems to be that the redirect to PayPal doesn't work due to a problem with the .vmLoadingDiv as the vm-preloader.gif (the rotating circle) doesn't go away.
A few things I would try:
Disable your cache  (Joomla cache and any third party cache)
Disable your OnePage Checkout (Do you have the latest version 2.2.47?) and try with the orginal VM OPC.
Try if the redirect to PayPal works with the Joomla Prototype template.
Try to disable the jQuery easing plugin.

If your template features a custom.css file try to add this to it as a temporary workaround:

.vmLoading .vmLoadingDiv {
    display: none !important;
}

The original line is located in vm-ltr-site.css around line 1320.

Alemantico

i jjk,

thank you for your advices! Hey, step by step I went true your queries; first I disabled the caching in global configuration - 2nd I disabled all system caches

Alemantico

sorry, I accidently hit the "post icon".

... and after I changed the template for the onlineshop. At least the order went true, but the error message does still appear ahead!

best regrads & thank you again for sticking with me!