News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM 3.2.4 - Multiple Shopper Groups for user - What is defined behaviour?

Started by bcohen0, September 14, 2017, 05:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcohen0

Please can someone tell me, what is the expected behaviour with respect to pricing, if a user has two shopper groups, each of which provides a different price?

What are the rules for which group price will prevail, if this user accesses a product that is set up with "use generic rules" and Shopper Groups set to "Available for all"  ?

Also, i could use a link to a discussion for the interaction between products, shopper groups, and users.

Please help.

Milbo

What would you expect? and what is the result?

Always use generic rules. When you set a rule, it is an override, which just ignores any setting of the rule.

When you have different prices (not rules, prices!), then the more expensive price should always win, there is a setting in the vmconfig pricing tab to select which price should win (lowest or highest).
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

philphil987

Hello, we need exactly this feature, lowest instead of highest price should win. However, we can't find this option in the VM Config tab. Is this still available in the latest VM-version and where can we find it? Thanks for your help.

Studio 42

philphil987

Thanks, I tried this by switching from "Descending" to "Ascending", but no change in frontend. The higher price is always shown, although I'm logged in as a shopper belonging to 2 different shopper groups (which are also linked to that product).

Studio 42

I dont know if this use Tax rulles and discount. So perhaps the problem is about discount ?

AH

if you set descending - the lowest retail price "wins" even when a user is in multiple shoppergroups and a price is available for those shoppergroups for the logged in customer
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0