News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

No Vendor Field

Started by markyg, May 16, 2017, 03:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markyg

Having a problem setting the vendor.

Under Shop > Shopper Information > Vendor - the vendor field is missing.

I have researched somewhat but the fixes found rely on changing a field in MyPHPAdmin to 1 from 0 for virtuemart_vmusers but no fields are showing there either.

Any help much appreciated

Jörgen

As usual, what VM and Joomla Do You use ?

There is no vendor field in this view. Maybe this shows when You activate multivendor.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Milbo

I wonder how this happend. Solution. Enter the shopper list, edit the user, who should be shopowner. Manage it to store it. Note the user id,.. then go to "updates/migration" to the second tab and use the "set shopowner" command and use as id the one of your shopowner.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Jörgen

Hello Milbo

I tried to update the shopowner after Your instructions, but no change. I also checked the source for the view.
<tr>
<td class="key">
<label for="virtuemart_vendor_id">
<?php echo vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_VENDOR'?>:
</label>
</td>
<td>
<?php echo $this->lists['vendors']; ?>
</td>
</tr>

The lists['vendors'] seems to be empty. But this is perhaps normal, my shop (VM 3.0.19.9) is not multivendor. Could that be it ?

best regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

markyg

Hi,

Sorry latest version of both Joomla 3.7 - virtumart 3.2.2

Adding the ID number in Migration didn't seem to work, nothing showed in db row for vm_users.
------------------
Warning

Your Virtuemart installation contains an error: No user is marked as vendor. Please fix this in your phpMyAdmin and set #__virtuemart_vmusers.user_is_vendor = 1 and #__virtuemart_vmusers.virtuemart_vendor_id = 1 to one of your administrator users.

automill

You need to insert the admin user id through phpMyadmin.

Open phpMyadmin, go to table #__virtuemart_vmusers. There should be no data in this table, therefore you cannot edit this. Therefore you need to insert the data using insert button near "Export". You to put the admin user id in "virtuemart_user_id" and "virtuemart_vendor_id" and then "1" in "user_is_vendor".

The only option which worked for me.

Regds