News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[Solved] Still showing deleted products

Started by YodaStudio, September 12, 2017, 11:51:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YodaStudio

Hello everybody.

I remove all demo products from VM (3.0.18) but I still can see them, among actual products, in the "featured products" module in the home page. If I click on one of them I get a 404 error since the product is not in the catalogue anymore.
I cleared all the cache too many times but they're still there. Do I have to do something on the database or what?

Thanks.
-- Do. Or do not. There is no try. --

www.yodastudio.com

YodaStudio

Ok, I found a solution.
The main issue was due to the fact that when I installed the demo content the website was only in English and all the products has been stored in the virtuemart_products tab.
Adding second language the system created two different product tabs (virtuemart_products_en_gb and virtuemart_products_it_it), so when I deleted the demo products they disappeared from the new language tabs but, somehow, not from the main one (virtuemart_products).
I simply edited the database (with phpMyAdmin) and deleted all unwanted products from the original product tab.
Now it seems to work fine.
-- Do. Or do not. There is no try. --

www.yodastudio.com