News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Changing order details doesn't fully work

Started by aftertaf, August 20, 2017, 15:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aftertaf

Case:

A customer buys 3 products ( pices displayed are incl. Tax, to stay simple)
300 of SKU1 @ 0.18€ = 54.00€
100 of SKU2 @ 0.185€ = 18.50€
100 of SKU3 @ 0.12537€ = 12.54€
Ordertotal : 85.04€

Order received, we see that we only have 240 left in stock (selling fabrics, inventory precision is not easy to attain).
After checking this is ok with customer, i need to reimburse part of the order to take into account the -60 of SKU1.

Problem #1 : order detail subtotal not recalculated
I can edit the order details in the backend, change the quantity of SKU1 ordered.
This triggers a correct recalculation of the order subtotal with tax.
It drops from 85.04€ to 74.24€   - a difference of 10.80€

Problem #1 is that the order detail item subtotal remains at 54.00, even with 240 x 0.18, instead of 300 x 0.18.

Problem #2 : no way to perform a partial reimbursement of the 10.80€ extra payment.
I was able to recredit the customer's credit card with 10.80€, but the only way to make the change in Vm is via database table direct modification.

Is there anything in the pipeline to fix #1 and make #2 possible without MySQL Workbench? :)
thanks

Milbo

This is fixed in the last version. Or you maybe do not use it correctly. Remind to check all checkboxes for calculation
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

aftertaf

ok, ill try next time the situation arises and will let you know if OK and what I do in case its NOK.
thanks
FYI, i didnt tick any 'recalculate' checkboxes, as i didn't know what they were for exactly :)

No way to change the payment amount though?

Milbo

When you do not tick the recalculation boxes, vm will take your values as is and wont adjust the other values
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member