News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Minimum order amount message in cart

Started by ptrouw, April 11, 2017, 17:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ptrouw

Hello,
I have a Minimum order amount in the default shipping method. The error message when you are in the cart is confusing: "We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order.". It should state, for instance a clear message like: Your order amount is to low. So we need two different message, one for incorrect order amount and one for no shipment method for your country for instance.
Using VM3.018

jenkinhill

I presume you have more than one shipping method?  Assuming that Enable Automatic Selected Shipment is set to no preference in Config/Checkout then if a minumum value is set for a one shipping method then that method does not display if that value has not been met. So no need for an error message. This is with default VM templates - and just checked, it works just like I described in VM3.2.1
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ptrouw

Thank you.  I understand your explanation.
I don't have a second shipping method. I was expecting setting the Minimum order amount this would trigger a notice some like Minimum order amount not reached.
But what I am trying is more a generic rule for all orders I suppose and not just triggering a second shipping method.

jenkinhill

In that case on the  Shop/Vendor tab set "Minimum purchase order value for your shop" to your minimum value. Then if this minimum is not reached on trying to check out the message given is "The minimum purchase value is 500,00 €. (or whatever the minimum is).
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ptrouw