Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Product Image issue after upgrade to VM3.2.1

Started by chrisnz, April 07, 2017, 05:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisnz

VM3.2.1
J3.6.5

After upgrading to VM3.2.1 I'm not longer able to add images that are already on the server - ie when you click the 16+ icon the thumbnail window doesn't pop up.
You can still upload new images.
This is the case for 3 different sites and I've also tested a site I've yet to upgrade and it still works fine with that one.

Jörgen

VM 3.0.19.9
Joomla 3.6.5

Hello

I guess You mean the image upload under product creation / management ?

This did not break with 3.2.1, it broke earlier- Somewhere 3.0.19 i would guess. maybe earlier I am not sure. I can search for images. but if I press 16+ the thumbnail preview box disappears and I have to add a new search string in order to find the image I am looking for. If my search result gives me more than 16 images, I will probably not find my image in the search. This is a bit annoying and makes it very difficult to search for uploaded images.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jörgen

Yes using the searchbox.  ;)

The function i broken. You only get a maximum of 16 thumbnails, then it stops. Enter Your search for example "jjc-lma" and You get the first 16  thumbnails that match "jjc-lma?" Pressing 16+ does not get You any more thumbnails. This has been working in earlier version, I think in 3.0.18 but not any more.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

jenkinhill

OK, it's something that I have never had to use except when migrating an old site to newer. I'll include it in my testing.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jörgen

Hello Jenkin

Actually, this is a nice feature when the same image is used in several products. Otherwise I usually upload the images together with the Product. That is why I can not be sure when this feature broke, because I updated rather quickly from 3.0.18 to 3.0.19.9.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Milbo

I also noticed this weekend, that the function got broken. I think moving the mediahandler js to an own file caused this.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Jörgen

Hello Milbo

Thanks for noticing. I guess the fix will be included in the next release?

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Milbo

Yes, it was also a very simple, little problem
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member