How to show product price with VAT as well as without VAT at productpage?

Started by WoodWindDesign, March 28, 2017, 12:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodWindDesign

Hello,

Hello, just started with VM and Joomla, shop was setup by someone else, now I am trying to get some hold of it myself, being a fairly non digital person. My webshop is www.woodwinddesign.nl, Joomla 3.6.5, VM 3.0.18.

I have customers within EU as well as outside EU. Outside EU the customers do not pay VAT, but I want to show the product price from the start for both situations.
something like: 
Price with 21% VAT € 242,
Price without VAT €200.

At this point I have made two customergroups, the incl VAT price is shown, which comes for the EU customer at the invoice automatically, with specification, non EU customers pay the price without VAT after giving in the country. So the result is fine at the end, I just want the customer to know from the outset.

I hope someone can help

Thanks

jenkinhill

You are using a commercial template which may need editing to do what you want. If you have selected to show "Salesprice without tax" in VirtueMart Configuration/Pricing/Show Following Prices and that price does not display then yes, the template overrides will require editing.

There is a plugin that may be required to ensure correct handling of VAT.  http://extensions.virtuemart.net/all-tutorials/19-shopper-fields-plugins/17-eu-vat-checker
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum