News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Adding multiple products with a single click

Started by alitvin, January 12, 2017, 20:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alitvin

Somebody knows, how to add a product group with a single click?

Jörgen

Hello

first:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=79799.0

What kind of group ? Tried clone product ?

There are some store handling softwares out there, a quick search gave this:

https://virtuemart-manager.com/useful-articles/tools/virtuemart-access-management/

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Milbo

In general the vm core can add more than one product at once. The rest is mainly form.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Studio 42

Perhaps what you search is my tool  : VirtueMart Batch Edit PROducts because virtuemart access management is to add some restrictions only as i know?

alitvin

I have a few products on the page, and I want to add a button, when clicked, all products displayed on this page have been added to the cart using ajax.

Joomla 3, Virtuemart 3

alitvin

The solution was so simple ... As said Milbo, vm core can add more than one product at once. It is only necessary to send a request with the id and quantity of all products, not just one. Thank you all for your help.

mariolr

Hi Alitvin, could you please specify how did you build the multiple request?

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

mariolr

Thanks Milbo. I already use CatproductContent and it's a great tool and the sm-planet team gave professional support when needed. I think it's easyer with addJS.
I'm working on a custom tool that collects orders from different people. At the end I have a table with the sum of all the orders and I have for every row $row[id] as product_id and $row[quantity] as quantity.
I'm only missing a button that takes this data and add them to the cart in one click.
I wonder if the easyest way is addJS.

Studio 42

If you have no customfields, you only need product ID and quantity from a form or from a generated link
Eg yoursite/?index.php&optionvirtumart&view=cart&task=add&quantity[]=5&virtuemart_product_id[]=22&quantity[]=2&virtuemart_product_id[]=55 ...
In this case you see directly the cart.
I use this for eg. to charge my customers for the support so they have only to validate the cart and it work too in emails ;)

mariolr

Yes, I tested the url solution but for orders with 60-100-150 products, won't the url get too long?
The url limit lenght suggested is about 2000 so I tested a 80 products - 3400 char url...and it works!
(mac - firefox)
Should I take the risk?

Studio 42

If your URL is to long, then you need to use a POST
with inputs
<form method="post" action="yoursite/?index.php&option=virtumart&view=cart&task=add">
<input name="virtuemart_product_id[]" value="22"><input name="quantity[]" value="5">
<input name="virtuemart_product_id[]" value="55 "><input name="quantity[]" value="2">
<input type=submit value="submit all">
</form>

compaid

Products listed as a table and multiple add in VM 3

Problem with solution used by commercial providers is that it uses a command line that uses category ID number. If your categories remain static probably ok, but if they get renumbered the above system is useless. what happens if category name is a title a and category for A is ID=3. The cat Name and ID are dissimilar.You cannot use cat Name 3 as its actually A.

Solution should use category Name to seek the products within. Know anyone that has this solution ?

Jörgen

Why would Your category id change ? more likely that your Category name changes.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.